Handgun holder

Thank you for asking this question! I understand the need to transport a gun or rifle for sporting events but carrying a loafed gun ready to use is scary!

It should only be scary if you intend to break the law. If I'm not at the office, I'm armed. That simple. Been carrying for a decade, not stopping anytime soon.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should only be scary if you intend to break the law. If I'm not at the office, I'm armed. That simple. Been carrying for a decade, not stopping anytime soon.

This exactly ^^

I love where I work. All but 3 people at our office conceal carry everywhere we are permitted to do so on a daily basis. Our office would be a real bad place to break in lol.

Sent from my kayak

I'm fortunate to live where "carrying" is unnecessary and law enforcement is dealt with by the police. I appreciate that some live in environments where civilians may feel safer owning a gun. With respect to the OP's question, I would check with police vehicle outfitters and suppliers. For example: http://www.fleetsafety.com/nra-handgun-holster-by-jotto-gear/

What the point in carrying a firearm if it's not readily available?

Split seconds save lives.

Ok, I get the idea that if you find yourself in the middle of an active shooter situation, having the gun on your person is a huge advantage for you. I want to be sitting next to you in the movie theater.

Now imagine you are driving your truck home and decide to pull into the gas station. Just as you start to turn into the driveway, you see its being held up and the thief with an AR is just exiting the front door. do you:

A: floor it and drive away to get the F*** out of his range, then find some cover and keep your eyes out for the threat.

B: put truck in park with one hand while drawing your weapon from your belt and start firing at him immediately.

I'm just thinking that there are very few scenarios where you are driving your vehicle and need the gun instantly. That is all.

To each his own. Like I said, I'd rather be on your side when said SHTF. But I'm not aware of an active shooter situation that took place in moving traffic.

My freshmen year of college I had a crackhead with a box cutter try and reach in my passenger window and unlock the door while waiting at a stoplight one night. I drove off before anything could happen, then took my concealed carry the next week. That was June 2002, my right hip has been a little heavier than my left one everyday since. You just never really know when you would need it. Some may not have the same thinking, but that's how I roll and why I roll like I do!

Sent from my kayak

Ok, I get the idea that if you find yourself in the middle of an active shooter situation, having the gun on your person is a huge advantage for you. I want to be sitting next to you in the movie theater.

Now imagine you are driving your truck home and decide to pull into the gas station. Just as you start to turn into the driveway, you see its being held up and the thief with an AR is just exiting the front door. do you:

A: floor it and drive away to get the F*** out of his range, then find some cover and keep your eyes out for the threat.

B: put truck in park with one hand while drawing your weapon from your belt and start firing at him immediately.

I'm just thinking that there are very few scenarios where you are driving your vehicle and need the gun instantly. That is all.

To each his own. Like I said, I'd rather be on your side when said SHTF. But I'm not aware of an active shooter situation that took place in moving traffic.

I drive away. My life isn't in imminent danger. Now he points the gun at me when I'm stopped, that's a different story. I'm not trying to be a hero and go guns blazing. I just want to stay alive. I'm not going to jail for manslaughter. You can't just walk up on a burgulary like that and start shooting. Any CCW class will discuss that.

If you walk around the corner and see a man on top of a woman wrestling her with a knife and she's screaming for help you can't shoot him. First of all, your life isn't in danger, and second of all, the woman just robbed someone at knife point and an undercover officer tackled her trying to take her knife. Gun owners have to be responsible and only fire for the last resort.

I'm not commenting about keeping it at arms length as it is always on me when I'm driving. I am referring to keeping a round in the chamber. In my truck, it's on my hip. If I go to a govt area or school, it gets locked in a lock box inside my truck.

I'm fortunate to live where "carrying" is unnecessary and law enforcement is dealt with by the police. I appreciate that some live in environments where civilians may feel safer owning a gun. With respect to the OP's question, I would check with police vehicle outfitters and suppliers. For example: http://www.fleetsafety.com/nra-handgun-holster-by-jotto-gear/

I live in a perfectly safe town with an excellent police department but even if the moment I called 911 an officer left from the station, it'd take him at least 5 minutes going absolutely balls to the wall. 5 minutes is enough for an emergency to be over.

I like some of your ideas, but am VERY opposed to storing a loaded gun anywhere without a trigger guard. Just asking for accidents in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All guns have trigger guards that is the plastic/metal piece that wraps around in front of the trigger. If you are referring to a trigger lock that covers the sides and blocks access to the trigger that would defeat the purpose entirely, having to take a device off the gun to be able to use it makes it absolutely useless. Anytime you use a concealed gun it is not going to be a take 5 minutes to get ready for it kind of situation.

As for the round in the chamber that is why guns have safeties be it a traditional safety, a trigger safety, or a grip safety. If you are picking up a gun with your finger thru the trigger guard to do so you are doing it wrong!

I live in a perfectly safe town with an excellent police department but even if the moment I called 911 an officer left from the station, it'd take him at least 5 minutes going absolutely balls to the wall. 5 minutes is enough for an emergency to be over.

No debate but different viewpoints and experiences! I personally feel much safer without a gun.

All guns have trigger guards that is the plastic/metal piece that wraps around in front of the trigger. If you are referring to a trigger lock that covers the sides and blocks access to the trigger that would defeat the purpose entirely, having to take a device off the gun to be able to use it makes it absolutely useless. Anytime you use a concealed gun it is not going to be a take 5 minutes to get ready for it kind of situation.

As for the round in the chamber that is why guns have safeties be it a traditional safety, a trigger safety, or a grip safety. If you are picking up a gun with your finger thru the trigger guard to do so you are doing it wrong!

I agree any gun carried should be chambered, I also agree that trigger locks are not for carry guns. But any gun should have the trigger fully covered so that it is blocked from objects being caught in the trigger, this is why 99% of holsters have the trigger fully covered so as to prevent accidental fires during draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see where y'all are coming from regarding covering the trigger, it's not hard to do so and won't take any longer to draw the weapon. For instance, as stated above, almost every holster I've seen has a trigger paddle that covers the trigger area, it's usually molded into the holster, like this

0071cd7c49ec105c7bcc30534fc5df7d.jpg

You can actually buy just the trigger cover and it has a lanyard on the end so when you yank the pistol up and you have that lanyard tied or hooked to something then it will stay in place when you pull your firearm

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I guess you haven't watched the news or read the paper in the last 20 years lol.

Archived