Leather "Appointed" Seats

I found this thread interesting. Never believed the seats in my 2018 SLT were real leather. Feel more like vinyl but am happy with them anyway. Have shedding dogs and the cocoa dune "Leather Appointed" interior cleans up much easier. Also a nice change over the black and grey interiors so common today. Friend just got a 2019 High Country and the seats seem like a higher quality "leather." I assume the same is true for the denalis.

20171229_095605.jpg

33 minutes ago, Birdwatcher62 said:

I found this thread interesting. Never believed the seats in my 2018 SLT were real leather. Feel more like vinyl but am happy with them anyway. Have shedding dogs and the cocoa dune "Leather Appointed" interior cleans up much easier. Also a nice change over the black and grey interiors so common today. Friend just got a 2019 High Country and the seats seem like a higher quality "leather." I assume the same is true for the denalis.

20171229_095605.jpg

Exterior shot

20190105_065701.png

Edited by Birdwatcher62

I put Katzkin leather seat covers on both of my 2018 LT Silverado's.

The kits are $550 on eBay then I payed a local upholstery shop to install them for $450 each. So for a grand I have real leather on all the seating surfaces. The backs and sides are synthetic leather. The quality of these is way better than the factory junk.

15466962205078624146639438984180.jpg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

The kits are $550 on eBay then I payed a local upholstery shop to install them for $450 each. So for a grand I have real leather on all the seating surfaces. The backs and sides are synthetic leather. The quality of these is way better than the factory junk.

Looks good. How hard do you think it would be to install myself and save the installation cost?

22 minutes ago, Birdwatcher62 said:

Looks good. How hard do you think it would be to install myself and save the installation cost?

You can do it yourself if you know what's you're doing. It's a major job though if you ask me. You have to take the seats out of the the truck and remove the cloth. Then put the new covers on.Then re- install the seats. The guy at the upholstery shop said it's a really not a diy job though. He said it takes him about 5 hours and he's a pro. I wanted mine not to look like I did it myself so I was happy to pay the $450 for each truck to get them installed. He did my crew cab on a Wednesday and my double cab the next day.

2 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

Katzkin is manufactured "leather" as well. Perhaps a tad better quality but basically the same stuff.

I beg to differ.

The seating surface is leather. Sure it's dyed but it's real. Show me a car under $100,000 that has actual real 100% leather straight off the cow. I'd be surprised if you could. The seat backs and sides are synthetic leather like an LTZ or SLT. The back seats in those trucks are 100%vinyl.

The quality is more than a tad better than the factory pleather. I'm pretty sure the high country and Denali is the same crap as an LTZ/SLT

Edited by dieselfan1

11 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

I beg to differ.

The seating surface is leather. Sure it's dyed but it's real. Show me a car under $100,000 that has actual real 100% leather straight off the cow. I'd be surprised if you could. The seat backs and sides are synthetic leather like an LTZ or SLT. The back seats in those trucks are 100%vinyl.

The quality is more than a tad better than the factory pleather. I'm pretty sure the high country and Denali is the same crap as an LTZ/SLT

Beg to differ all you want. Then contact Katzkin and ask the question. See for yourself.

1 minute ago, duquephart said:

Beg to differ all you want. Then contact Katzkin and ask the question. See for yourself.

Not worth arguing about. I like it and that's all that matters to me. I know it's better than the factory junk that's for sure . I've had several LTZ's and never did like how cheap it seemed .

You could go to the same guy that installed my seats and have him sew you up a set of real leather seats for about $4000.  He does show cars and street rods all the time 

He had an older Mercedes Benz full on race car in his shop complete with roll cage and high buck motor he was working on the interior. Price for full leather seats ,door panels etc. $10,000 .

He also had an older vette. in his shop . Seats alone $3500.

He does top quality work 

1 hour ago, dieselfan1 said:

Not worth arguing about. I like it and that's all that matters to me. I know it's better than the factory junk that's for sure . I've had several LTZ's and never did like how cheap it seemed .

You could go to the same guy that installed my seats and have him sew you up a set of real leather seats for about $4000.  He does show cars and street rods all the time 

He had an older Mercedes Benz full on race car in his shop complete with roll cage and high buck motor he was working on the interior. Price for full leather seats ,door panels etc. $10,000 .

He also had an older vette. in his shop . Seats alone $3500.

He does top quality work 

No argument, just facts. And what the "same guy" does has nothing to do with what's being discussed.

17 minutes ago, duquephart said:

No argument, just facts. And what the "same guy" does has nothing to do with what's being discussed.

If you know so much about the katzkins you should have already known the salesman was full of shit. Why did you even ask the original question? 

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

If you know so much about the katzkins you should have already known the salesman was full of shit. Why did you even ask the original question? 

The original question was in regard to a truck salesman. This is a GM, not Katzkin forum. Try reading first.