Leather "Appointed" Seats

20 minutes ago, duquephart said:

The original question was in regard to a truck salesman. This is a GM, not Katzkin forum. Try reading first.

Why did you even ask the question if you know it all already?

5 hours ago, Birdwatcher62 said:

Looks good. How hard do you think it would be to install myself and save the installation cost?

i have installed a handful my self while i worked at a accessory shop, its not to hard but it is time consuming, as long as you have the right tools its can be done. 

pull the seat out and start removing covers, cut the hog rings that secure the covers down, replace with new covers and use hog rings to secure, amazon sells the hog rings and the hog ring tool. hope you have Popeye arms lol. time and experience does help to rid of any wrinkles but you are not paying a shop rate with your own time. 

https://www.amazon.com/Pliers-Galvanized-Professional-Upholstery-Installation/dp/B01N2IJ64A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1546719352&sr=8-3&keywords=hog+ring

i was looking a set of katskinz heated seat kits and was gonna buy the tool kit but in the end my truck got totaled and this new one has heated seats 

21 minutes ago, afireinside7444 said:

I bought the ebay $550 katskinz and I installed them myself (never had before but quite handy) watched and re watched videos took me 12 solid hours 1 day. Not super fun. Be careful of the orange clips dont spread them apart too much

I'm not surprised it took that long.

When I got my kits off eBay I was planning on doing it myself. But I have two trucks so the more I watched the videos I knew it wasn't going to be an afternoon job that was going to be way too much time for me. I'm glad I payed the $450 each to get them installed . You have more ambition than me. Did you get the perforated ones?

Let's see some pics.

• 5 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:29 PM, dieselfan1 said:

I'm not surprised it took that long.

When I got my kits off eBay I was planning on doing it myself. But I have two trucks so the more I watched the videos I knew it wasn't going to be an afternoon job that was going to be way too much time for me. I'm glad I payed the $450 each to get them installed . You have more ambition than me. Did you get the perforated ones?

Let's see some pics.

Do you really think real leather seat covers are only $550? That's vinyl all day every day

Edited by jandersendo