FS:2014+ Silverado/Sierra: Custom Plug and Play Harness for DL8 to DL3

pgamboa

• 7 months later...
Harnesses are in stock and ready to ship! Let me know your mirror upgrade needs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johnny01: I have a 2016 chevy Silverado crew cab LT Z71. WHERE DO I PURCHASE THE PLUG AND PLAY HARNESS? email address is [email protected]. Thanks, JOHNNY KINSLER.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Harnesses are in! I can ship with 24 Business Hours. I know someone out there wants to upgrade to DL3 Mirrors or Towing Mirrors. Let me know what your needs are! I make this Plug and Play! Check out the thread below of all the satisfied customers! There hasn't been a customer I haven't been able to help yet!

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/198157-2014-2017-dl8-dl3-towing-mirror-upgrade-mirrors-explained/

Thanks!
plug and play harness for a full floor console for my chevy Silverado crew cab LT Z71 1500. I would like to know the price and where I can purchase it.email address is [email protected] THANKS, Johnny01:

• Like 1

plug and play harness for a full floor console for my chevy Silverado crew cab LT Z71 1500. I would like to know the price and where I can purchase it.email address is [email protected] THANKS, Johnny01: It's a 2016.

• Like 1

plug and play harness for a full floor console for my chevy Silverado crew cab LT Z71 1500. I would like to know the price and where I can purchase it.email address is [email protected] THANKS, Johnny01:

Please see this thread. Has all the info, additional requirements, and pricing.

Please PM me to order.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/207915-2014-k2xx-center-console-retrofit-plug-and-play-harness/

• 6 months later...
do you still have the DIY kits avalible ?  I enjoy doing it myself, I've already ran my 4 wires for the inside rearview mirror and have autodim working now and would like to get my outside mirrors updated as well. Please contact me at [email protected]

Email sent. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Phil,

hay, I got everything working except the auto dim for the side mirror.
I went back and double checked everything and found the problem. 2 wires in the harness between x2 connector at junction box x61a and the door jam are missing. The pins are there inside the junction box but no wires. Those 2 wires are the signal wire and low referance to the door. Acording to everything I've read so long as #9,#10 and #15 are loaded in the junction box the wires should be there. empty cavitys. Is there any way you could send me another purple & yellow wires along with 2 males and 2 female teminals so I can be compleated with my project?
                           Thanks....Doug
  • Like 1

Phil,
   hay, I got everything working except the auto dim for the side mirror. I went back and double checked everything and found the problem. 2 wires in the harness between x2 connector at junction box x61a and the door jam are missing. The pins are there inside the junction box but no wires. Those 2 wires are the signal wire and low referance to the door. Acording to everything I've read so long as #9,#10 and #15 are loaded in the junction box the wires should be there. empty cavitys. Is there any way you could send me another purple & yellow wires along with 2 males and 2 female teminals so I can be compleated with my project?                            Thanks....Doug

Send me a PM. I think I understand your needs but want to be 100%

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2017 at 12:04 PM, pgamboa said:

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to start this thread as a continuation from my DL8 to DL3 Mirror Conversion here.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/190736-2016-silverado-lt-dl8-to-dl3-mirror-conversion-finally-complete-3/page-1

Based on the 6 months of research in the above thread, feedback from many of the members here, and observing behavior of other member's experience...

I am now able to officially offer a Plug and Play Harness Solution for those that want to upgrade their Standard DL8 Mirrors to the DL3 Mirrors on their 2014* - 2017 Silverado/Sierra Trucks (LT/SLE Trims).

DL8 Mirrors - Power Adjust, Manual Fold, and Heated
DL3 Mirrors - Power Adjust, Power Fold, Heated, Auto Dim (Driver's Side), Turn Signal and Puddle Lamps

This has been tested on the following models:

2014* - Silverado/Sierra LT/SLE - 1500* (Known issue with Puddle Lamps - Diode mod workaround required)

2015 - 2017 Silverado/Sierra LT/SLE

Please see Vehicle Acceptability for Retrofit Document Here. Keep in mind that this document is intended for Towing Mirrors, but based on feedback, they seem to follow similar acceptability requirements.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4eldhgg2x8i10q/Camper%20Mirrors%20-%2023371780.pdf?dl=0

There might be additional wiring needed for other trucks. If you decide to purchase the harness anyway, I can assist as much as I can. However, there is no guarantee that it'll work without BCM/Memory Module Calibration (and if that's even possible), or additional wiring for missing circuits in the inline door hinge connector. Also, if you are outside of the compatibility requirements, I would need some additional information/photos of your truck connectors to determine if this harness will work or not.

The Plug and Play Harness will be pinned for the following functionality.

Turn Signal
Puddle Lamps
Power Fold***
Auto Dim (Driver's Side)****

***For Power Fold, you will need a new Mirror Adjust/Power Fold Switch - Part # 23154702.

****For Auto Dim (Driver's Side) - You will need to add a Auto Dim Rear View Mirror AND run the additional (4) Circuits needed to the X51L Fuse Panel and X61A Junction Box. Please see thread here for details.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/192050-a10-inside-rearview-auto-dimming-mirror-conversion-dd8/?hl=a10+mirror

The Harness Set for both Driver and Passenger is $225 Shipped (lower 48) via PayPal (as Family and Friends). I ship USPS Priority Mail 2-3 Day Shipping. Once you receive the Harnesses, Install, Test, and Confirm all is operational, you have the option of shipping me your Stock DL8 Harness for a $40 Core Refund.

dc1fed58c14b4614aa2ce60b209a5256.jpg

Would work on my 2015 GMC SIERRA SLE ?

• Like 2

On 1/18/2017 at 12:04 PM, pgamboa said:

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to start this thread as a continuation from my DL8 to DL3 Mirror Conversion here.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/190736-2016-silverado-lt-dl8-to-dl3-mirror-conversion-finally-complete-3/page-1

Based on the 6 months of research in the above thread, feedback from many of the members here, and observing behavior of other member's experience...

I am now able to officially offer a Plug and Play Harness Solution for those that want to upgrade their Standard DL8 Mirrors to the DL3 Mirrors on their 2014* - 2017 Silverado/Sierra Trucks (LT/SLE Trims).

DL8 Mirrors - Power Adjust, Manual Fold, and Heated
DL3 Mirrors - Power Adjust, Power Fold, Heated, Auto Dim (Driver's Side), Turn Signal and Puddle Lamps

This has been tested on the following models:

2014* - Silverado/Sierra LT/SLE - 1500* (Known issue with Puddle Lamps - Diode mod workaround required)

2015 - 2017 Silverado/Sierra LT/SLE

Please see Vehicle Acceptability for Retrofit Document Here. Keep in mind that this document is intended for Towing Mirrors, but based on feedback, they seem to follow similar acceptability requirements.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4eldhgg2x8i10q/Camper%20Mirrors%20-%2023371780.pdf?dl=0

There might be additional wiring needed for other trucks. If you decide to purchase the harness anyway, I can assist as much as I can. However, there is no guarantee that it'll work without BCM/Memory Module Calibration (and if that's even possible), or additional wiring for missing circuits in the inline door hinge connector. Also, if you are outside of the compatibility requirements, I would need some additional information/photos of your truck connectors to determine if this harness will work or not.

The Plug and Play Harness will be pinned for the following functionality.

Turn Signal
Puddle Lamps
Power Fold***
Auto Dim (Driver's Side)****

***For Power Fold, you will need a new Mirror Adjust/Power Fold Switch - Part # 23154702.

****For Auto Dim (Driver's Side) - You will need to add a Auto Dim Rear View Mirror AND run the additional (4) Circuits needed to the X51L Fuse Panel and X61A Junction Box. Please see thread here for details.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/192050-a10-inside-rearview-auto-dimming-mirror-conversion-dd8/?hl=a10+mirror

The Harness Set for both Driver and Passenger is $225 Shipped (lower 48) via PayPal (as Family and Friends). I ship USPS Priority Mail 2-3 Day Shipping. Once you receive the Harnesses, Install, Test, and Confirm all is operational, you have the option of shipping me your Stock DL8 Harness for a $40 Core Refund.

dc1fed58c14b4614aa2ce60b209a5256.jpg

Do I need this for 2015 gmc 1500 all terrain?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...