Denied Android Auto update

Took my 2016 Sierra into the dealership a few days ago to get some service work done, and a recall done.

Since I recently got an Android phone(after years of Iphone's) I wanted to get the Android Auto update done to my system.

Picked the truck up around closing time and was looking over the repair order. Noticed there was no Android Auto update done. Spoke to the service writer and he said GMC denied to cover the update. He could do it if I paid $140 which is for an hour of shop time.

He stated that GM will send you a coupon or voucher that you would redeem for the update.

I've sent two emails to GMC customer service and haven't heard anything in three days.

Anyone else deal with this??

I bought my 16 from a dealer that was 1hr away from me. Called the local dealer after having the truck 6-8 months, took it in to them for the update, no problems, no voucher, took 2 hrs and has worked great ever since...

I have a 2015 build date 3/2014 how would I find out if android auto would be available to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out this link lots of info here

http://gm.oemdtc.com/6565/16-na-042-infotainment-system-upgrade-for-android-auto-feature-2016-buick-cadillac-chevrolet-gmc

• 2 months later...

Wow, what a cheap ass dealership. You know it costs nothing but time to do the update? They could have had an hourly guy do it for you for customer satisfaction.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Is this a software or a hardware change?  If it's software, and a 16 built with a 15 radio can be upgraded, then a 15 built with a 15 radio could be upgraded as well.  If it's hardware, can a 15 be upgraded to a 16 radio?