Hit 2 geese tonight on the interstate at 85mph

So I was cruising along and all the sudden 2 geese happen to be in the middle of the road so I did what I had to do and plowed them down at 85mph. The front definitely lifted up and the rear bounced as well. I thought they would at least be in my grille or ripped off the black plastic under bumper piece but it's just scratched up. Blood and geese shit all over the underneath of my truck. Disgusting.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Florida, I-95, you know how that goes. I enjoy this ramp to another highway I usually take it at 90, did 120 in a Panamera on it but anyway. Yea im glad the airbags didn't come out. Need to take off the lowest plastic piece it's all scuffed up. They looked like Canadian geese I'm not sure though.

It was, I have to repeatedly say a deer HIT ME before people realize that the dang thing hit me and not the other way around. Yep east Orlando. Was told a story of a UPS driver hitting a deer on the 528 on ramp from 417 and it whipped the deer around into the cab, driver said a year later they were still randomly pulling deer parts out of it. I think they told me that story because I ended up driving that truck one Saturday.

Lol gotta love it out there. 3 years out in Avalon park, I do not miss the colonial traffic. I would go to the Sandhills off tanner a lot my dog loves to catch deer ?

Geese?.......schmeesh!

Nothing beats the mess we had when my old girlfriend started up her '68 Camaro in her dad's garage. "Can you come over and help, something seems to be wrong with my car?"

Knew I was in for a real treat when she described the awful noises and I saw the puddle of brownish Prestone on the floor, then felt wet slime and crap on the hood release latch trying to open the hood. Evidently a neighborhood cat (as identified by what was left of the tail) had been been warming up in the engine compartment. What a mess when the fit hit the shans metal blades, made worse when she gunned the rough engine trying to smooth it out.

Bent fan blades, ripped belts, radiator leaking, hood liner dents from the inside with fur, guts and bones splattered everywhere in the engine compartment.....a sports car turned into a feline Cuisinart!....a good need for a pressure washing for the engine and garage: unfortunately no pressure washers in the early 70s, had to hose it down and shovel the mess manually.

I haven't left an open garage door to this date.

Those Canadian geese can be destructive. From what I hear, few of em put an airliner into the Hudson once.

Sully part 2

Disappointed there is a story with no photos

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Geese?.......schmeesh!

Nothing beats the mess we had when my old girlfriend started up her '68 Camaro in her dad's garage. "Can you come over and help, something seems to be wrong with my car?"

Knew I was in for a real treat when she described the awful noises and I saw the puddle of brownish Prestone on the floor, then felt wet slime and crap on the hood release latch trying to open the hood. Evidently a neighborhood cat (as identified by what was left of the tail) had been been warming up in the engine compartment. What a mess when the fit hit the shans metal blades, made worse when she gunned the rough engine trying to smooth it out.

Bent fan blades, ripped belts, radiator leaking, hood liner dents from the inside with fur, guts and bones splattered everywhere in the engine compartment.....a sports car turned into a feline Cuisinart!....a good need for a pressure washing for the engine and garage: unfortunately no pressure washers in the early 70s, had to hose it down and shovel the mess manually.

Hahaha

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Geese?.......schmeesh!

Something similar happened to a friend years ago, except it was a damn skunk. He spent a weekend cleaning it up, but even after weeks, once the car warmed up, you could almost taste the skunk spray inside. He finally traded in the car, and the dealership promptly sent it off to auction.

Archived