Throttle response

Waymon

The OP has a 2017 model, as far as I know there is no handheld tuners for a 2017 yet, and I bet it will be a bit harder with these locked ECM's too.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?59965-VCM-Suite-3-4-2017-GM-Tuning-SUPPORTED!-(Important-Info-Regarding-2017-GM-Tuning)

HP Tuners and EFI Live are the only ones I know that have the ability to open up your ECM and allow you to do whatever you want if your brave enough to deal with any warranty ramifications.

Also, Hypertech does have a unit to install a harness/box inline behind the instrument cluster to make tire and gear adjustments without changes to the ECM, which is what most dealers do when selling trucks with lift kits and bigger tires.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intakes will help a bit. Throttle bodies are a giant waste of money unless you go to a super charger.

TB's are not a waste of money, just installed a ported TB and throttle response is much, much better. Probably the best mod done to date as far as drivability goes.

Go read over the vette forum and see for yourself or better yet try one from Tony Mamo don't like the results, return it.

My wife's Toyota Yaris has very quick throttle responsyse. I have to be gentle when stepping on the gas or my passengers will receive a harsh ride. My truck has a more gentle throttle response that always makes for a smooth start up and ride. If I need a faster response from my truck, I simply move my foot a little faster. Enjoy driving your truck. It may perform differently than your previous vehicle but being different isn't a negative in this situation.

I'm surprised by this response. Our Vibe was a gutless wonder and there was no quick throttle response and that is why we traded it in for a Traverse back in '10.

how much does a sprint booster wake it up? i have done everything besides a tune to keep my warranty. Paint stick behind bracket, range afm, turn traction control off and grade braking off every time i get in it. Really contemplating the tune i hate the way it shifts

I'm surprised by this response. Our Vibe was a gutless wonder and there was no quick throttle response and that is why we traded it in for a Traverse back in '10.

We test drove a Vibe when looking to replace our aging Corolla and we didn't buy it for that reason! We liked the looks of the Vibe(Matrix) but were surprised by how hard the engine had to work!

The Sprint Booster is no joke. I used one before I got my Blackbear tune and it worked great. I sold it to a buddy the day before I got my tune thinking I wouldn't need it anymore and to help pay for my tune. I personally think the throttle response with the SB was better than it is now with my tune. Holy crap that is the first time I've had anything even remotely negative to say about my BB tune! Lol

But seriously, for you guys that don't want a full tune the Sprint booster and a Range device would be the way to go.

Oh yeah, if you have some good search mojo you can find a post I started on here a few years ago about the SB. I think I was the first one to recommend it when I bought my first 2014 and was horrified with the limp pecker throttle response. It was like pushing a lawn mower with a rope. But everything is all well now:)

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/167606-gas-pedal-flex-solution/

Try this. I had so much flex in my pedal it was unreal. Definitely weird compared to my 07 classic. I used a paint stir stick and it feels so much better now. Try this and see how it improves for you.

This did a world of wonders. Got it done today and man it's like a different truck. I realize this doesn't do anything performance wise. This is simply my foot not pushing the pedal as far and makes everything seem the way it should be. The truck really feels like it responds to my foot like it should now. Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

correct me if im wrong but doesn't the sprint booster thing just modify your throttle input. So if you're giving it 1\4 throttle the sprint booster is making it give you more? Thus making you think the throttle response is better.

What it feels like > what it does

I went the Pedal Commander setup on my brothers bone stock 2017 6.2L crew cab, unbelievable difference!! Pat Gerber from Direct Off-Road recommended us trying one out, we were very skeptical to say the least. Simple install, INSTANT response difference. Long story short, I've bought two more, one on my edged 2015 duramax and one on my procharged 2014 5.3. I say give it a try, especially all you guys that want response but don't want to void anything.

http://www.directoffroad.com/

I have SB on my BMW x5Diesel. They are known for the throttle lag as well and SB made a hugeee difference.

Yes it just increases the response but the physical act of only pressing the throttle little bit and getting way more response is all you need.

I keep it in the green (street) mode, red is too responsive and my wife hates it.

Once in a while i turn it off and quickly remind myself why i got it :)

Archived