2017 chevy duramax Oem ram air hood on 2016

On 9/13/2018 at 9:07 PM, jerseytaylor said:

no man. the gray is a great color for our trucks!!

:thumbs: Definitely agree with you there. Well ladies & gentlemen, I have got to Apologize to everyone here, I kinda got my truck back yesterday & didn't take any more pics....... I know, I know, Bad Jay..... LMAO. I haven't had her in just over a month & I just couldn't stop driving her around, like everywhere. LOL. And I've never had so many people stop & stare & ask a million questions & take pics, the compliments just kept coming all day long...... Made me feel like I really was happy I had the shop to the 2019 conversion, Hood was my idea, but the whole thing, it's just way more than I could have hoped for...... So I swear I'll post pics tomorrow, when it's nice & sunny out...... I even had one lady offer to buy it off me...... I respectfully declined the offer from her..... I couldn't, have to picture this, I finally after countless years buy one of my dream trucks. 2015 GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab. Got an amazing deal on her & when I bought it, she only had just over 20,000 miles on her, for all accounts a bran-new truck still..... Now yes unfortunately I got into an accident, but only "body panels" were damaged & a couple of air bags.... Not one of those accidents where u go, "Ok get it fixed & sell it"....... Only thing the shop didn't do was the P&P Wireharness..... Kinda not happy about that, found a company online called Gen5, that makes the Wireharness Conversion? For the one I need it's going to cost about $205.00 & whatever shipping is.... Anyone use them? Any input? Going from a 2015 to 2019, I know its ganna be way diff, Have H.I.D. now, auxiliary lights are L.E.D.?(I believe, every site I checked out seems to all be pointing that way?) Thank u all in advance for any all info/help, 

19 hours ago, Jay's Denali said:

:thumbs: Definitely agree with you there. Well ladies & gentlemen, I have got to Apologize to everyone here, I kinda got my truck back yesterday & didn't take any more pics....... I know, I know, Bad Jay..... LMAO. I haven't had her in just over a month & I just couldn't stop driving her around, like everywhere. LOL. And I've never had so many people stop & stare & ask a million questions & take pics, the compliments just kept coming all day long...... Made me feel like I really was happy I had the shop to the 2019 conversion, Hood was my idea, but the whole thing, it's just way more than I could have hoped for...... So I swear I'll post pics tomorrow, when it's nice & sunny out...... I even had one lady offer to buy it off me...... I respectfully declined the offer from her..... I couldn't, have to picture this, I finally after countless years buy one of my dream trucks. 2015 GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab. Got an amazing deal on her & when I bought it, she only had just over 20,000 miles on her, for all accounts a bran-new truck still..... Now yes unfortunately I got into an accident, but only "body panels" were damaged & a couple of air bags.... Not one of those accidents where u go, "Ok get it fixed & sell it"....... Only thing the shop didn't do was the P&P Wireharness..... Kinda not happy about that, found a company online called Gen5, that makes the Wireharness Conversion? For the one I need it's going to cost about $205.00 & whatever shipping is.... Anyone use them? Any input? Going from a 2015 to 2019, I know its ganna be way diff, Have H.I.D. now, auxiliary lights are L.E.D.?(I believe, every site I checked out seems to all be pointing that way?) Thank u all in advance for any all info/help, 

20180916_180049.jpg

20180916_180030.jpg

20180916_180110.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2018 at 9:22 PM, Ky Belser said:

That is exactly what I want to do. What is the deal with the plumbing etc? 

Unfortunately you have to order the duct work separately & a new top for your air box, so you'll then have real & true "Ram-Air"..... So worth it..... LOL. 

7 hours ago, Jay's Denali said:

Unfortunately you have to order the duct work separately & a new top for your air box, so you'll then have real & true "Ram-Air"..... So worth it..... LOL. 

Sounds like getting close to the cost of a small turbo...

lmao..... Yea your prob right. But cuz of the accident, I didn't have to pay for any of the parts..... So def a bonus for me.....  Trust me when I tell u a nice Jackson SuperCharger is coming...... Need to wake this motor up a bit. And yes I'm sure I'm going to crack open the motor to do some work inside, plus I may need new fuel rail & injectors.... But I'm not a Tech, my brother is, so all of that I will leave in his hands. I'm not going to even try & guess whatever else would need to me done to her.... LOL. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 3:55 AM, Jay's Denali said:

Jay, 

What is the part number for air box top that allows for functional ram air. I have the hood and plumbing on my denali HD 6.0 and want to make it functional. I bought the whole duramax airbox and it does not seem to be compatible.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about throwing one of these on my truck!! It's a 17 Tahoe and the body shop I'm working with to paint a ton of my stuff like a full chrome delete said as long as you buy the fiberglass hood, shouldn't be too much of a problem for them to add to if necessary and make this fit!! Any suggestions would still be appreciated though, if anyone knows an easy way or better way to fit one of the ram air hoods on this!!? ?

20181023_144538.jpg

20181023_144815.jpg

Edited by 2017BEAST

51 minutes ago, EXSlider400 said:

OEM is aluminum and unsure if newer SUVs are same as the trucks like they use to be.

It should be!! Should still be a 1500 underneath like the older models?! Are you saying aluminum would be easier? Cuz I'm looking at RKSPORT and theirs are fiberglass?!!