2017 chevy duramax Oem ram air hood on 2016

This thread is specific to the OEM hood, which is aluminum so I assumed you meant  you are going to add a factory ram air hood. And I would definitely doublecheck because the SUV grill and headlights may not line up with the truck hoods. You can double check that by looking at the part numbers on the aftermarket fiberglass ram air hoods. 

Edited by EXSlider400
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, EXSlider400 said:

This thread is specific to the OEM hood, which is aluminum so I assumed you meant  you are going to add a factory ram air hood. And I would definitely doublecheck because the SUV grill and headlights may not line up with the truck hoods. You can double check that by looking at the part numbers on the aftermarket fiberglass ram air hoods.

Yeah I've looked for OEM, I'd prefer doing that but then the body shop said to specifically look for fiberglass that it's easier to shave down/add to if needed. But RK Sport makes these ram air hoods for 1500s and then 25/3500s!! Which those are fiberglass,  probably one of the next additions to the truck so I'll see how it goes!!?

I think the only way your going to get a ram air hood on that Tahoe is aftermarket, haven't see any tahoe's coming off the showroom floor with ram air... pretty sure the 2500 hood doesnt fit your Tahoe lol... probably could find alot more in the suburban and Tahoe forums

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

I love the look of the 2017 chev ram air hood on the diesels, I have a 2016 GMC 2500 denali diesel and I want that look on my P.U. I know its not a direct bolt on but is there any body men out there that can tell me if the hood scoop part off the 2017 chev can be installed onto the 2016 GMC hood ? air system doesn't need to work for the 2016. if so what kind of hours are involved? TIA.

On 3/10/2020 at 12:33 PM, RamHair said:

I love the look of the 2017 chev ram air hood on the diesels, I have a 2016 GMC 2500 denali diesel and I want that look on my P.U. I know its not a direct bolt on but is there any body men out there that can tell me if the hood scoop part off the 2017 chev can be installed onto the 2016 GMC hood ? air system doesn't need to work for the 2016. if so what kind of hours are involved? TIA.

I don't think the Chevy hood would ever look quite right unless you go to the Chevy front end (lights/grill). The 2017 GMC 2500s have the hood too. Direct bolt on. I put the 2017 GMC hood on my 2015. If you want it fully functional, it is around $1200. I had mine painted to match my truck for another $350. Total was $1550. You will need a VIN from a 2017 to order the parts online, most places require the VIN to make sure it fits. I used a VIN from Ebay :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 3/16/2020 at 10:48 AM, AbzDad said:

I don't think the Chevy hood would ever look quite right unless you go to the Chevy front end (lights/grill). The 2017 GMC 2500s have the hood too. Direct bolt on. I put the 2017 GMC hood on my 2015. If you want it fully functional, it is around $1200. I had mine painted to match my truck for another $350. Total was $1550. You will need a VIN from a 2017 to order the parts online, most places require the VIN to make sure it fits. I used a VIN from Ebay :)

Most places ASK for the VIN to "ensure" it fits, but don't require it. You just have to pay return shipping if you order something without the VIN to verify, and it ends up not fitting.