Capless Fuel Fill Solution

Hey JPINOY,

Does he want to make about 5000 more of them? hahahhaha

Looks very good!

Thanks! Yeah, he did this on his spare time.. I did ask him if he would make some if people asked for it, he said he'll think about it.. :rollin:

Thanks! Yeah, he did this on his spare time.. I did ask him if he would make some if people asked for it, he said he'll think about it.. :rollin:

Did he say how long it took him? 'Boring' the recess is time consuming w/ a manual lathe. I take it he used a CNC mill. Did you show him the sketch that I made? I'm just wondering if he 'opened' up the ID.

Edited by revrnd

Did he say how long it took him? 'Boring' the recess is time consuming w/ a manual lathe. I take it he used a CNC mill. Did you show him the sketch that I made? I'm just wondering if he 'opened' up the ID.

Correct, he has a CNC. I know it didn't take that long. When I measured the flap, it was reading 2.359. He milled the inside to 2.345, but it was really tight. So he opened it to 2.351, snug, but I think anywhere between 2.350 & 2.360 might be ok, depending on your preference of snug. I might ask him to do another one later on.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Correct, he has a CNC. I know it didn't take that long. When I measured the flap, it was reading 2.359. He milled the inside to 2.345, but it was really tight. So he opened it to 2.351, snug, but I think anywhere between 2.350 & 2.360 might be ok, depending on your preference of snug. I might ask him to do another one later on.

Yeah, I know the dimension on my sketch is a bit tight. If I was making any more, I would go slightly larger.

I've had the 'test cap' on my filler for a couple of weeks now and done 3 multi-hour highway trips. No movement of the cap.

• Like 1

I made my own today. Went to Home Depot and bought a black abs 2 1/2" cap. Inside diameter is 2 3/8. fits perfect on the filler neck. Added some color and a Bowtie of course........

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/16/2017 at 2:54 PM, jpinoy said:

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I think quite a few people would buy this, I'de buy a GMC version tomorrow.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2018 at 9:28 PM, gearheadesw said:

I think quite a few people would buy this, I'de buy a GMC version tomorrow.

Yeah, I've asked him a couple times, didn't get the vibe he would be willing to do more to sell. But.. here is his Etsy page, you can ping him, see what he says.. :)

https://www.etsy.com/shop/OverlandCNC

• Like 1