Can Someone give me the 411 on Lowering the Rear of my 2500hd?

• 1 month later...

For all you guys cutting the pinch welds or bending them over can you just loosen the bed bolts and lift up bed enough to get bolt out? This works for the 1500 guys just wondering if there is something different with the 2500's.

• 3 months later...
On 9/28/2018 at 10:27 AM, Gagliano7 said:

For all you guys cutting the pinch welds or bending them over can you just loosen the bed bolts and lift up bed enough to get bolt out? This works for the 1500 guys just wondering if there is something different with the 2500's.

You really like working a project don't you!   

But seriously, I was getting a magnaflo muffler put on at a local independent shop near me, so I had them do the McGaughy's at the same time.  My time is limited and when I am getting something done it is sometimes more cost / time effective to have the shop do something else.

I have had the McGaughy's 2" drop shackles in for almost 4 years in my 2015.  Would not do it any other way.  I also installed a set of SumoSprings to replace the axle bump stops.  Can throw over a ton of material in the back and it still is level.  With the 2" drop shackles installed, the SumoSprings rest right on the axle when the pickup is empty.   Nice progressive support once I start loading up the bed.   Smooth ride. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just got my McGaughy drop shackles installed yesterday. What a difference they make, not only bed accessibility but overall appearance as well. I went to a suspension shop and had them do it. I tried mounting them myself but had a heck of a time trying to get the new shackle in the hanger, so the money they charged me was well worth it. Has anyone had to replace the rear factory shocks due to the 2” drop, or is there enough room for them to compress while under load?