Big Whiskey's 2016 2500HD

Big Whiskey

Good choice. I think I'll try the weatherbeaters in my next truck.

Thank you. I would definitely recommend them. Huge improvement over the stock ones.

Wish they made those for my truck, looks good.

Thank you. I'm surprised they don't!

Right they look better than the weathertechs I had in my '14

I agree. I have a couple buddies with Weathertechs, and I prefer these.

If you are going to level it I would check out this..

http://bds-suspension.com/blog/?p=12050

That is the best way to level these trucks IMO. I had shock extenders and 3inch keys in mine but the ride wasn't great, it was much improved after the fox 2.0s and the stage 4 cognitio and a pitman and idler support. The coilover kit came out shortly after I dumped 2k for the cognito

Thanks for the link. Yeah, I've seen that kit. It's pretty sweet, but there's no way I'm dropping that kind of coin on a leveling kit, haha. I understand what you're getting (upgrading) with that kit, but it wouldn't change the look of the truck enough to justify the cost for me. If I was going to spend over $1200, I'd go with a full 4-5" suspension kit and crank it down just enough to clear 35's.

I considered running something like the Rough County 3.5", Zone 3", or Tuff Country 3.5". Those kits come with new keys, new shocks (or shock extensions), differential spacers, and new UCA's...for well under $1000. In fact, the RC kit is only $550. If I went that route, I'd probably leave out the rear block and crank it down to 2-2.5". That would probably ride pretty good. I'll most likely just crank the factory keys 1.5-2" and be done. Maybe add longer shocks or shock extensions if necessary.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link. Yeah, I've seen that kit. It's pretty sweet, but there's no way I'm dropping that kind of coin on a leveling kit, haha. I understand what you're getting (upgrading) with that kit, but it wouldn't change the look of the truck enough to justify the cost for me. If I was going to spend over $1200, I'd go with a full 4-5" suspension kit and crank it down just enough to clear 35's.

I considered running something like the Rough County 3.5", Zone 3", or Tuff Country 3.5". Those kits come with new keys, new shocks (or shock extensions), differential spacers, and new UCA's...for well under $1000. In fact, the RC kit is only $550. If I went that route, I'd probably leave out the rear block and crank it down to 2-2.5". That would probably ride pretty good. I'll most likely just crank the factory keys 1.5-2" and be done. Maybe add longer shocks or shock extensions if necessary.

Makes sense, I justified the coin for leveling because I have 0 desire for any more height then a leveling kit! You should be able to get an inch or 2 by just cranking the keys, just make sure the UCA's aren't to close to the bumpstop

Makes sense, I justified the coin for leveling because I have 0 desire for any more height then a leveling kit! You should be able to get an inch or 2 by just cranking the keys, just make sure the UCA's aren't to close to the bumpstop

Roger that, buddy! Yeah, some people don't want it any taller than level. For them, an expensive leveling kit (that improves the ride) makes sense too. Personally, I'm a sucker for lifted trucks. Every time I see one, I almost run off the road from gawking at it, haha. If I had the money (and a taller garage), I'd be running a 4-5" lift and 35's for sure. I just love that look on an HD. However, I'd be sick having to leave my brand new truck parked outside in crazy central Illinois weather, haha.

• Like 1

Roger that, buddy! Yeah, some people don't want it any taller than level. For them, an expensive leveling kit (that improves the ride) makes sense too. Personally, I'm a sucker for lifted trucks. Every time I see one, I almost run off the road from gawking at it, haha. If I had the money (and a taller garage), I'd be running a 4-5" lift and 35's for sure. I just love that look on an HD. However, I'd be sick having to leave my brand new truck parked outside in crazy central Illinois weather, haha.

I like the look lifted too, it's just hard enough to drive or lift a 4 wheeler in the bed as is!

• Like 1

Added some N-Fab bed access steps this weekend. Ordered them from 4 Wheel Parts. Installation was pretty straightforward. I was working by myself, so holding them in place to get the first bolt started on each side was a challenge. After that, it wasn't bad at all. Overall, I like them. They help hide the frame that hangs down, will protect the rocker panels from rock chips, and serve their main purpose of making it easier to enter and exit the cab.

e17ffb3a4d36ff66799db1b46340cdc5.jpg

e3f24b9bd39f2326f8666573b96b2362.jpg

886b2b76f6f8e5316189bdf01aeb832b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Love the new truck there, but gonna miss the old one. Your trucks always look good.

Thank you. I've always taken pride in my vehicles, and I enjoy customizing them to set them apart from every other one on the road!

• Like 1

Got my windows tinted a few days ago. Went with 20% on all four doors and the back window, and a 5% strip across the top of the windshield. It's amazing how window tint greatly improves the look of a vehicle!

05e6a171cb3fc0095c700979370bc922.jpg

4c9e6c21b0f46d01309a76e332f91f3b.jpg

9bd47a4e050205d12ff10e8f23a32161.jpg

• Like 3

Looks familiar. I remember doing all that too, lol. Nice truck!!

LOL! Thanks! We'll really have twins when I get black rims this spring! :lol::lol::lol:

When I was truck shopping, I had my color choices narrowed down to black and silver. I looked at hundreds of pictures before deciding. There were a few pics that I kept coming back to, and your truck was one of them. It looks awesome!!

• Like 1