Anyone else pay cash for their truck?

18 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I own 5 vehicles total. The one we go on our trips is financed. The trip one I only put about 100K miles. The last three, 14 GMC, 15 Santa Fe, 17 Camry. All were bought new, and I don’t get of the cab much. The other 4, 92 Chevy truck lowered, stroked,blown, custom interior. 01 Acura intagra type R, Genesis sedan, and if I’m worried about parking an Elantra. All get driven regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Stan, you kill me. :lol:  You are a car nut aren't you. We also have five but be that as it may....

I could have bought my 15 SCSB new and paid something on the order of 28K. I bought it cash used (1300 miles) for about 19K. Book value on a new/used/titled 15. That's value depreciation at work. Instead of charging  interest on a loan they could have paid me interest and not cover 9K. In fact I'm pretty sure I could not have earned 9K on a 19K investment in 3 to 5 years either. Okay, not legally anyway. Even if I could have this was risk free and at minimum break even if indeed you believe that type of return is slam dunk. That said the poor fellow that sold the dealership that truck tossed more than the difference under the buss. They certainly didn't give him 19K for it. Now that's using OPM. Just say'n.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
On 2/2/2017 at 8:08 PM, Heavy 5.7 said:

Recently purchased a 2013 Sierra SL ECSB with 23k for 25k (well $25,252) out the door. Driving by one day I saw the truck on the dealers lot and stopped in we talked for about half an hour discussed pricing on the truck first then my trade and...done. My inspection consisted of a walk around, opening the hood and a 2 mile drive to the local Lowes for another quick walk around. In my past life I was a pretty damn good mechanic and can sense a beater from far away, this truck sans odometer could pass for new. lol

More than satisfied with the SL option group because I don't have to worry about stuff I don't want anyway failing or otherwise going haywire. I'll admit I'm proud of myself for saving the coin to simply walk in and buy this truck but I'm still jealous of people that can purchase six figure homes with cash, maybe some day...

post-167441-0-94138900-1486094850_thumb.jpg

After I win this power ball or mega million I will. lol 

Archived