Sign in to follow this  
Mike-1000

What is a Max?

My son just bought an '08 Z71 Vortec Max. What exactly is this truck? It has all the bells and whistles with LTZ trim and console. I didn't know the 6.0 was available with AFM but that's what's in it. Is there anything else different about this truck. I will say it is pretty nice.

Mike

Edited by Mike-1000

Engine and maybe NHT pkg? 3.73 rear end?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had an 08 Vmax that I got rid of last year. It basically allowed you get get the 6.0 in the half ton truck. It had an upgraded transmission I believe vs. those used with the 5.3. I had the 3.73 gears in mine, but you could also get the truck with the NHT package which had enhancements for heavier towing. I still have a rear diff gasket that I bought to change out actually, ha.

It is really only an engine option and seems to always confuse people as to what it really is.

I have a 2008 V-Max with the Z71 suspension.

With the VortecMax engine, you get 4 wheel disc brakes, the standard 3.73 gears, factory trailer brake control, heavier duty transmission, and higher capacity alternator with the larger engine.

It was also available with a 'heavy duty' suspension that gave you higher weight ratings over the Z71 suspension option.

Edited by BlackZ71Silverado

My son just bought an '08 Z71 Vortec Max. What exactly is this truck? It has all the bells and whistles with LTZ trim and console. I didn't know the 6.0 was available with AFM but that's what's in it. Is there anything else different about this truck. I will say it is pretty nice.

Mike

6.0, 4L70 trans, 4.10 gears, 9.5" rear, rear disc brakes

I had an 08 also

fff1d38c8423913d1c0fe7836b7909b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jimmyboy8301

4.10 available with NHT 3.73 with z60 and z71.

Chevrolet's attempt to have something akin to the Sierra Denali in power.

Note - Check emissions label under to verity its a real Max, 6.0L engine. Some owners like to add things to make the truck appear different than what it really is, such as adding decals (Z71) and emblems. Friend almost bought a used Silverado Z71 that some owner or the used car dealer faked. There are tons of them emblems and decals sold on Ebay.

Edited by elcamino

Chevrolet's attempt to have something akin to the Sierra Denali in power.

Note - Check emissions label under to verity its a real Max, 6.0L engine. Some owners like to add things to make the truck appear different than what it really is, such as adding decals (Z71) and emblems. Friend almost bought a used Silverado Z71 that some owner or the used car dealer faked. There are tons of them emblems and decals sold on Ebay.

Giveaway would be the 14 bolt diff cover and disc brakes Edited by Chris

I always thought they were pretty cool. Not the run of the mill half ton.. Had a few things that made it a little cooler. Wish they labeled the 6.2 like they did the Max.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

True. Those decals did add an extra 15 HP.. And yes, they looked nice as well.

Edited by Colossus

Giveaway would be the 14 bolt diff cover and disc brakes

I thought they were 12?

I thought they were 12?

14 bolt cover and a 12 bolt ring gear

I haven't driven my new to me '15 Silverado all that much since I bought it. Trying to keep miles off it with my dirty job and all. I drive the beater Ford expedition when I can.

I can't say enough good things about how well this max tow 6.2 pulls a trailer! Sure I could use more power.. Never enough. But it stops well, takes off good and the 8 speed does a better job towing and working hard then it does just taking it easy. Glad I held out for this truck so far.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk