Retrofit 2016 OEM led tail lights to 2014 Silverado

I just bought 2016 led taillights that usually come on the 2016 ltz silverados. I have a 2014 Silverado and these taillights are not plug n play for the 2014-2015 Silverado models. I just need some help figuring out what wires I need to put the 2 50w6ohm resistors on. I am using a pigtail to connect these taillights because I don't want to mess with the factory harness. I tried putting one resistor in between the turn and ground and the other in between the running and ground but I'm still getting hyper flash when I put my turn signal on.

Edited by Abe879

I think one side of the resistor goes on the dark green wire (turn signal) and the other end goes to the black wire.

Same for the opposite side.

That's it.

Edited by Horacio

I tried that but it didn't work. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with using a pigtail. The 2014 taillight harness has three sockets (two for turn signal/brake/running and one for the reverse) I used a pigtail on the top socket and taped off the second socket. I didn't use a pigtail for the reverse.

It may be the pigtail you're using. Consider cutting off the harness at the point where you have all 4 wires and disregard the old light sockets.

Wire up the new connector that you see below. I know the pin-out if you need it.

416badff53aae1231b12629349ad43bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a pinout diagram for how the pigtail should be, you should be able to use an ohmmeter and see if it's wired up correctly.

If you know where each wire from the truck is supposed to go on the new lights, it shouldn't be hard to figure out if the pigtail is wired right. If anything, you should be able to pop the wrong pins and swap them so it's right. You might even try putting the resistor on the pigtail, that way you're not getting into the factory harness.

Sorry; I don't know how those should be wired though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

I just bought 2016 led taillights that usually come on the 2016 ltz silverados. I have a 2014 Silverado and these taillights are not plug n play for the 2014-2015 Silverado models. I just need some help figuring out what wires I need to put the 2 50w6ohm resistors on. I am using a pigtail to connect these taillights because I don't want to mess with the factory harness. I tried putting one resistor in between the turn and ground and the other in between the running and ground but I'm still getting hyper flash when I put my turn signal on.

Did you get these through the dealer or ?

I have a cracked lens on my 2014 and am looking to upgrade the tail lights to LED's but the reviews for aftermarket stuff is bad.

Did you get these through the dealer or ?

I have a cracked lens on my 2014 and am looking to upgrade the tail lights to LED's but the reviews for aftermarket stuff is bad.