Bose Subwoofer replacement!

I didn't include any pictures of it all back together because it looks just like it did before I took it apart! The center console fits over the top of my box just like it did over the bose. There's no way to tell something different is under there until you turn on the radio!

I will post the dimensions once I get a chance to draw it out, hopefully tomorrow.

Here is a picture of the stock setup. The Sub is not even 6"! And the box is ported, I guess I was under the impression it was a sealed box.

How are the dash/console rattles with the bigger and more powerful sub? thats my biggest concern! don't want everything to start rattling!

• Like 1

I just finished installing this in my truck, same sub, same box build. It sounds amazing, not rattles so far. It's a damn tight fit though.

Even if I post the measurements (which I will) it isn't exact and I had to tweak the box until it fit. Lots of measuring like OP said. It's completely worth it though.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

Setup:

JL Audio 8W3V3-4

Alpine MRV-M500

LC2i

Here are the pics of mine.

If OP isn't interested in building/shipping I may be able to hook a few of you up.

I have enough material on hand to make another.

090f471919b33e3a99f8bcd7f601af43.jpg

80d18e557f89a87d94d07fbb24cbee22.jpg

1c914376c1d843996b80071ddd801263.jpg

7db89fa8efb8e3ffe578b16b6af9812f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Here are the pics of mine.

If OP isn't interested in building/shipping I may be able to hook a few of you up.

I have enough material on hand to make another.

090f471919b33e3a99f8bcd7f601af43.jpg

80d18e557f89a87d94d07fbb24cbee22.jpg

1c914376c1d843996b80071ddd801263.jpg

7db89fa8efb8e3ffe578b16b6af9812f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Pm me a price shipped for one. I might get rid of my underseat box.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I just finished installing this in my truck, same sub, same box build. It sounds amazing, not rattles so far. It's a damn tight fit though.

Even if I post the measurements (which I will) it isn't exact and I had to tweak the box until it fit. Lots of measuring like OP said. It's completely worth it though.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

Setup:

JL Audio 8W3V3-4

Alpine MRV-M500

LC2i

Hey man if it's not to much trouble can you do a audio sound on the sub....

I'll post pics tomorrow.

Setup:

JL Audio 8W3V3-4

Alpine MRV-M500

LC2i

Is there a benefit to using the LC2i if my JL Audio amp has line level inputs and a remote bass control knob?

Is there a benefit to using the LC2i if my JL Audio amp has line level inputs and a remote bass control knob?

I did a lot of research before buying it and the general consensus was that the alpine line level input should be considered a last resort.

I got my amp used so I didn't have the harness or I would have used that and saved the $60. I considered buying the harness but all the sources I fouls said use the LC2i.

The level matching is really nice and frankly this is the best sounding sub install I've ever done. I've used cheap loc's before and their garbage, this thing is worth the money for sure.

I have the bass remote knob too plugged into the alpine in case I want a little extra bass. The gain on the amp is all the way down and it hits hard anyway.

If you have the cash grab the LC2i. It gives you a nice clean bass source and some control, to make it sound matched to the factory components.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey man if it's not to much trouble can you do a audio sound on the sub....

What do you mean, record the audio? A vid isn't going to do it justice but I can if you want...

OP here. Nice looking build L1nk3d! I too am curious about your LC2i. I just used the line level into the Alpine Amp and I think it sounds really good.... but, now I'm curious!!

I would be willing to make some more boxes but am a bit hesitant because as L1nk3d said, it's a very snug fit. I would hate to send one to someone and then it turns out to be 1/4" too long for them! L1nk3d, did you fasten yours to the truck or just relying on the snug fit to keep it in place?

Someone asked about rattles and shakes... I don't notice anything unless I turn it up fairly dramatically or if I have some loose change or an empty soda can in the center console area. I wouldn't be concerned about it!