New chevy truck you better not

I bought a new 2015 Silverado z71 6.2 8 speed and its junk first it would go into limp mode at the most inconvenient times costing me to be late for work several times and GM DID NOT CARE then the front diff was bad had a clunk that had to be replaced. At this point a ask for a buy back for a new truck they said no we can fix it well that's was a JOKE then the transmission went bad had to be replaced but really did not fix much still had the same problems clunk missed shifts delayed engagement. So they came out with a fix for the delayed engagement well it's better but still slow and now it's happening in reverse with very hard bang better be holding the break or it will jar you still not fixed also now have bad vibrations in the transmission that comes and goes when cruising down the highway 40 to 70 mph. V4 yeah now it sounds like a lifter is bad TICK TICK TICK made an appointment to drop it off the next week well they called me and cancelled it saying they were back up 4 weeks later they take it in with an appointment drop it off Sunday night call today Tuesday to cheek on it and we have not gotten to it we are backed up I HAD AN APPOINTMENT so what will happen this time who knows and I'm sure it want be fixed completely poor design poor service DONT BUY A GM PRODUCT buy a FORD that will be my next truck like many others on this forum have already done hell buy a Toyota BUT DONT BUY A GM I own 4 of them and they will be my last GM sells LEMONS and CANT FIX THEM and will make you file lemon law to get anything done about it

Rant over

WoW! sounds like you had a bad one and should file for ''LEMON LAW'', it may be worth it for you. May get a brand new FORD out of it. Just hope you don't trade lemon for lemonade.

And just think F**d has a 10 speed that's smooth as butter. Even can skip gears.

Yes I know both parties collaborated on the new 10 speed. But I bet if they put it in the new GM trucks it will shift like garbage. All cause GM can save you .001 mpg.

Really.... So you ended up with a bad one. This happens I had a Lemon Camaro but I just got rid of it.

But Fords have issues as well as every other truck out their.

I purchased a 2015 F 250 Super Duty 'loaded'. I also purchased the Premium warranty. I had one problem that took my pickup out of my hands for over two weeks while it was being repaired. Warranty covered it all. That was what I expected. However, my check engine light came on two days ago. I took it to Rogers Ford, Midland, Texas. VERY nice folks! Well, I get a call the next day saying my warranty will not cover the 'particulate accumulator' (Part # FC3Z 5H270 A) since my mileage is over 50,000 miles. My warranty is good until 125,000 miles.

My service agent checked again and she said that the U.S. government will not allow warranties to cover this part after 50,000 miles and I have to pay the cost. $3,579.01!!! I am not upset with Roger Ford, however, I feel that I was taken to the cleaners. Another thing that is strange is that when I paid they said, "Ok, the part is under a two-year, unlimited warranty". SO why was it not then and is now. I paid $4,200 for my warranty and it should cover it. I am going to have an attorney look at my warranty contract and see if I can do anything. I am also wondering if this may grow into a class action suit. Thank you.

I am new to this but just had to file complaint. My truck is a 2014 F-350 Super Duty with 106,000 km probably around 60,000 miles. Well warranty expired at 100 and yup death wobble just starts. Been told it's the tracking arm and hopefully that's it, but I've owned other trucks that have easily surpassed the 200,000 mark with no major problems. For 77000 dollars you would think it would last a little longer than that. Only thing replaced were winter tires, exactly same size, tire pressure fine, checked regularly. Needless to say last time I buy ford and not even going to use a capital "f".

I purchased this truck brand new and have had nothing but trouble with it. It is currently at the dealership and has been for over 6 weeks. On 01/10/2017 I was told it was fixed and come and get it. This is the fourth time I have been told it was fixed and picked it up and never made it more than 6 blocks and the check engine light and reduced power comes on. Ford corporate knows about this truck and so far has not made any satisfactory moves to help. I have tried to trade it back to the dealership and they want nothing to do with it.

The truck only has 37k miles on it. I spoke with an attorney at the State Attorney's office and was told this case more than met the rules for Iowa Lemon Law, but I will have to hire an attorney to make Ford Motor Company to do what is right. In the last 20 years I have bought at least 10 brand new Ford vehicles and this is the only one that has ever been such a problem. In closing I must say my local selling dealer has been golden. They know FMC should own up to the problem and make it right but their hands are tied.

2015 truck was purchased NEW. Has 14 k on it. In the dealer for its 2nd turbo... in (eleven months ago) and 8 thousand miles. Dealer said I don't drive it enough??? Very disappointed in this purchase. Now once again I'm without a truck for 10 days!!! Ford best built?? Most dependable??? Not on this planet. I own a small business just outside Chicago... I'm gonna tell all 13000 customers a year what a POS Ford makes.

It's really the luck of the draw anymore.

You're going a little to the extreme. There are several posts like this and in nearly every one, its pointed out there are countless more trucks out there that are issue free than those that are "junk." I'm sorry for the issues you're having but to call an entire brand junk because of one particular vehicle is a little harsh. It does sound like your dealership was making an effort to repair your truck, they're not going to do a buy back when the issue is repairable and it was the second issue you mentioned that you brought that up. As for your truck not getting into the shop on time, its an unfortunate fact of life that it does not revolve around you and that sometimes, things happen where the shop gets backed up and they are not able to accommodate all appointments. Try for lemon law, get it dealt with that way but you wont a single manufacturer on the market that is perfect with no issues. Good luck to you.

Well It just seams like countelless trips to the dealer and ongoing problems that can't get fixed do you think it is right that a new truck has been in the shop more then my 84 k5 and 90 c1500 and 2012 equinox combined ? It's just not something someone should have to go threw when they buy a new truck GM should have replaced it by now but there just throwing parts at it until the warranty runs out but if it's still acting up by then I won't have it at that time

For ever 1 of these bashing posts, there's numerous folks trouble free. Any vehicle can give issue from the day you drive it home. This doesn't make any brand JUNK. I've had 8 silverados and 3 sierra since 2005. The most trouble I've ever had was a ripped cv boot and that was my fault from wear of the leveling kit. My brother is the GM of a Ford dealership, but I won't ever own one. I could get alot better deal, but seen too many issues with the ecoboost and Powerstroke. I still don't think they are JUNK, just need refining. I hope the new truck suits you well and many trouble free miles.

I bought a new 2015 Silverado z71 6.2 8 speed and its junk first it would go into limp mode at the most inconvenient times costing me to be late for work several times and GM DID NOT CARE then the front diff was bad had a clunk that had to be replaced. At this point a ask for a buy back for a new truck they said no we can fix it well that's was a JOKE then the transmission went bad had to be replaced but really did not fix much still had the same problems clunk missed shifts delayed engagement. So they came out with a fix for the delayed engagement well it's better but still slow and now it's happening in reverse with very hard bang better be holding the break or it will jar you still not fixed also now have bad vibrations in the transmission that comes and goes when cruising down the highway 40 to 70 mph. V4 yeah now it sounds like a lifter is bad TICK TICK TICK made an appointment to drop it off the next week well they called me and cancelled it saying they were back up 4 weeks later they take it in with an appointment drop it off Sunday night call today Tuesday to cheek on it and we have not gotten to it we are backed up I HAD AN APPOINTMENT so what will happen this time who knows and I'm sure it want be fixed completely poor design poor service DONT BUY A GM PRODUCT buy a FORD that will be my next truck like many others on this forum have already done hell buy a Toyota BUT DONT BUY A GM I own 4 of them and they will be my last GM sells LEMONS and CANT FIX THEM and will make you file lemon law to get anything done about it

Rant over

I had a bad experience with the Chevrolet dealers in my area and GM customer care is a total joke. I can't speak for Ford, Toyota, or Dodge but if the dealers were held accountable by GM, I'm guessing they would do more. The service writers were great, and I almost felt good about dropping my vehicle off because I was told they knew exactly every issues I was talking about but the service managers are completely opposite, wanting to do nothing to help the customer. My dealers and customer care were not interested in the rusting frame, charging system issues, trailer brake alarms, they wouldn't even clear/check the stabilitrack/abs warning! I didn't even notice the pitted rims until out of warranty, but none of the other issues were fixed either even though I started a case with the joke of customer care, now I'm past the 36k and trying to fix these issues on my own. I just bought a can of oil based rustoleum and searching craigslist for the oem or pvd chrome rims. Still working on a solution to the 'service trailer brake'. As for clearing the stabilitrack, I went to a small shop and they cleared the warning/code for free. I bought my own shocks because two of the Ranchos were bad.. My brother had issues with his new 2500 dodge and it was made worse by two bad dealerships. He finally went to another dealer and they fixed the issue in a day, after spending thousands...

Don

And just think F**d has a 10 speed that's smooth as butter. Even can skip gears.

Yes I know both parties collaborated on the new 10 speed. But I bet if they put it in the new GM trucks it will shift like garbage. All cause GM can save you .001 mpg.

You obviously don't hang out over on the Ford forums. There are posts over there too with either love or hate their 10-speed.

Archived