2015 Sierra SLT LED vs HID

Hey guys sorry if this has been discused before. Whats better to put on the sierra LEDs or HIDs?? I want to put brighter lights on my head lights and also on my fog lights. What is a good brand to buy? I know most of it is from china but would like to get a brand someone has tried and has good results. Also what are the bulb sizes?

TIA

HID all the way for me.... I have had the Morimoto kit for almost two years with no issues. They work great in conjunction with their LED Fog lights and when you do the diode jump to have fogs on with high beams its A++ on the back country roads for me. Link below for both kits I used. Highly recommended here by other members as well.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/all-products/2014-sierra-morimoto-elite.html?carDisplay=2015+GMC+Sierra&preselect=47338&preselect_restrict=1

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/complete-housings/fog-lights.html

• Like 1

GMC Sierra spec kit by Morimoto is what I also recommend. Runs more than others but you get what you pay for. My light output dropped like a rock recently and checked out the system. Turns out the bulbs were not good so ordered replacements and installed them lighting is back to normal which is way superior to OEM. Afterwards sent pics to the Retrofit Source and they already shipped out warranty replacement bulbs at no cost. I think the problem occurred when truck was at dealer for work and updates to resolve transmission issues since they repeatedly cycle ignition on and off.

For you guys who did hid, did you just use the the factory projectors and housings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, all I did was install the HID bulbs. I will say that it is a large improvement over the stock halogens, but in order to obtain the best result you really need to change the projectors to projectors designed for HIDs.

Yes, all I did was install the HID bulbs. I will say that it is a large improvement over the stock halogens, but in order to obtain the best result you really need to change the projectors to projectors designed for HIDs.

Ya, thats what I did. I just can't justify spending more for the projectors. I think the improvement already is great.

Morimoto HID kit(5500k) with 6000k LED driving lights work great and match the DRL LED color perfectly.

I have installed a couple of the cheap kENSUN HID kits in other cars, all of which I have been happy with. I decided to spend the extra $60 on the Morimoto kit and it is worth the extra$, kit was very well put together all the wire lengths and connection worked perfectly in my truck, had the install done in less than an hour.

Very happy with the HID's and LED driving lights.

• 3 years later...

I've been re-reading this thread for a few days now. I'm going to pull the trigger for my 2015 Sierra and just wanted to ensure I'm choosing the correct kit from Morimoto.

https://www.morimotohid.com/morimoto-elite-9012-hid-system?quantity=1

Is this the system that you all would recommend? It states for low beam and high beam which I think is what I need for my 2015 Sierra Denali. I'm going to choose 5000k as it's as close as I can really envision as a 2020 Yukon XL Denali. I'm really going for that color / brightness and want it to look as stock as possible. 

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Boogsephine said:

I've been re-reading this thread for a few days now. I'm going to pull the trigger for my 2015 Sierra and just wanted to ensure I'm choosing the correct kit from Morimoto.

https://www.morimotohid.com/morimoto-elite-9012-hid-system?quantity=1

Is this the system that you all would recommend? It states for low beam and high beam which I think is what I need for my 2015 Sierra Denali. I'm going to choose 5000k as it's as close as I can really envision as a 2020 Yukon XL Denali. I'm really going for that color / brightness and want it to look as stock as possible. 

Thanks!

I went with the Hylux A0050 45W ballasts and 5500k XB 9012 bulbs on my 14 SLT. Make sure you get the HD relay harness and the error eliminators (capacitor link). No issues since I installed them over a year ago and they are BRIGHT! IMO the Hylux ballasts are a little better quality compared to the Morimoto Elite.

I had a bad experience with Morimoto on my old 2015 Silverado LTZ. Passenger light would randomly not work. Tried everything and spent lots of time and in the end they told me to kick rocks and wouldn’t refund the kit.

I’d suggest Diode Dynamics. Their kit is way better built and I had zero issues with it.