Legacy license plates

Commuting home (SR-14 NB around Aqua Dulce) from a business trip. Saw a Chevy Silverado 3500 with CA tags that read “1 ELEVN.”  Maybe it’s relative, maybe not, as I use to work on F-111s, back in the day. 

Edited by Ravenkeeper

In Massachusetts, the cities and towns collect excise tax each year. Three weeks after buying my new truck, I got a bill from the city for $525. I suspect next years bill in February will be around the same. Mass registration fees are fair. $60 for 2 years. Vanity or specialty plates are $100 every 2 years. $40 of which goes to the charity the plate is for. Then there's the $35 annual safety/emissions inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same as CT.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...
On 8/15/2017 at 3:26 AM, Ravenkeeper said:

I'm leaning towards the CA Classic Black plates for mine, but I have Personalized Veteran tags from the first time I was out here. I may have to pay some back fees for the Vet tags, since I haven't paid the "retain fees," since I left and went overseas.

On 8/15/2017 at 7:27 AM, Ravenkeeper said:

They fall into the category of "Special Interest and Personalized Plates." Either way, there is an initial fee (Legacy - $50), and an annual fee (Legacy - $40, which is less than the initial fee). Just looked at the cost difference, Veteran Plates are initially $78, and annual $40. I think that that is a deciding factor.

When I went overseas, I had Vet plates on my '99 Grand Am, I may even place them on my truck, NO RETAINMENT FEES for Vet plates (EGLKPR). :cool: I was a F-15 "Eagle" Crew Chief (mechanic). I think that I may only have to pay the $40 annual fee and file the paperwork to attach the plates from there.

On 6/22/2018 at 5:28 PM, Ravenkeeper said:

Commuting home (SR-14 NB around Aqua Dulce) from a business trip. Saw a Chevy Silverado 3500 with CA tags that read “1 ELEVN.”  Maybe it’s relative, maybe not, as I use to work on F-111s, back in the day. 

large.IMG-0119.JPG.ff9307319cf2d8edd95fa73089cedf6a.JPG

Got my new tags today.  Drove up to Ridgecrest DMV Office and picked them up this morning, crossed the 5900 mile mark coming back through Red Rock Canyon/Jawbone Canyon.

• Like 1

These are the only plates all of my trucks have had since they came out years ago. $50 a year . Big deal. 

I have a Nephew stationed in the shithole of the world right now. Afghanistan.

My son in law is in his 10th year in the Army. Stationed in Wisconsin now. And my late father spent 4 years in the Marines in Japan during the Korean War.

So these plates have a special meaning to me and my Family.??

This is my Black Silverado

1548222576973138548084133471356.jpg

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Damn, I just enjoy those plates. Private registration plates are something I really love. It identifies and distinguishes my truck. At the same time, I am one of those people who really think that it’s an inappropriate way of spending your money. Is it really so important to get a cool number if you already have a wonderful car? I'm not sure, to be honest. In any case, if you do plan to purchase one, I suggest doing so with new private registration plates car.co.uk. You would be happily pleased by the rates and the standard of service they offer to their customers. Believe me when I say it's worth a try. If you have any more concerns, please send me a private message.

Edited by Olivoil