What do you race

akaWHIPLASH

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:40 PM, HoosierZ said:

Raced my '08 a few times at the dirt drags. Track is 300ft. Ran truck in 4low. Best time was 6.16 at 54mph. Didn't do any good but had a blast.

6D20A534-D9D9-400F-ADC6-648395E2229B_zps

I loved racing my duramax on those tracks, never felt like I was  going to break something haha. I cant remember my times on dirt, I think it was somewhere near yours but that was all 4 spinning the whole way. Truck was an 02 Duramax with built transmission running a 250HP tune. Truck dynoed 500hp and 1000ftlbs as a daily driver. Best in the 1/4 was a 13.10 at 102 with a 1.8 60ft. 2 vids that my ex took from 11 years ago. I traded it in when diesel hit 5/gallon. most fun vehicle ive ever had. second video you can hear the time

Edited by bgbdwlf2500

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a new guy here. My 16 Canyon 4WD SLT is stock, but the 97 Corvette isn't. A&A centrifugal, intercooler, heads, blower cam, ported LS6 manifold, boost-a-pump, 75# matched injectors. Not in this picture is the ported throttle body. About mid-600s at the rear tires..

C5.thumb.jpg.1f43f3457b66d71cb2e951f15125fc9e.jpg

16 hours ago, Yonah_Mtn said:

Kubs: Nice looking Corvette and what have you done to her?

I'm a reformed street racer and been on the "wagon" for decades, but I still enjoy building them.

Thanks!  Lots of stuff actually.  Fully heim jointed adjustable suspension, modified 350, etc.  

Have a look through my album if you would like.  It is for sale at the moment.  Built for NASA's time trial class TTA (which no longer exists) but also fits into the TT3 class.  Makes about 350hp to the wheel.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm4XW1NN

7 hours ago, Kubs said:

Thanks!  Lots of stuff actually.  Fully heim jointed adjustable suspension, modified 350, etc.  

Have a look through my album if you would like.  It is for sale at the moment.  Built for NASA's time trial class TTA (which no longer exists) but also fits into the TT3 class.  Makes about 350hp to the wheel.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm4XW1NN

My compliments and I can see by your album, you do have a lot of work in the car. Why are you selling her? Another build in mind or ?? The ?? were to say; it is an addiction, trust me, I know. :D

IMO, lots of "stuff" applies so often. :thumbs: I see a lot of work and planning in your car.

What brand aluminum heads and what cam?  As I'm unfamiliar with NASA's classes, I'm curious about differential gearing? I'm running the 3.42; mainly to keep thickness between the tooth's fillet root radius and the datum plane mounting surface.

Sassy, as the wife named her, puts mid 600s to the tires. Which is a nice balance, in 6th at 70 on a flat interstate; MPG is a bit over 30. 

Thank you. Yes lots of time invested. I'm selling because it just doesn't get used like it should. 2 toddlers have kept me quite busy!! I would like to get a C6 for a street car, but the wife says I have to get rid of one before I get another one.

It is hard to let go, I know.. When my daughter was a teenager, she saw a 69 Corvette BB Roadster.. She said that is really a good looking car; the wife said your father owned one. My daughter said it's beautiful, why would he sell it? The answer was go look in the mirror. :D

I bought a Z/28, swapped the 305 for a 350; it wasn't the same but it did have a back seat.. :lol:

The electronics change the game a good bit.. You'll discover HP Tune is a new friend. :)

• 1 year later...

We race our 2002 C1500 Silverado regular cab. I say "we" because it's actually my lady that is behind the wheel at the drag strip. I just daily drive it to work to sort the bugs out and do the repairs with the help of our 2 teenage sons. It has headers and last Friday she ran an 8.80 at our local 1/8 mile drag strip, gapping a turbo Civic by a good length. We took plenty of pictures and videos, it was a fun family time.