Do you buy chance have a link for where to buy the mirrors and harness you used. I have the same truck except it's a 2016.

Send me a PM. All ordering is done via PM at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping this question since it may have gotten lost in the recent posts.  Would GM harnesses 84290984 and 84290964 work for converted DL8 to DQS tow mirrors, or is it easier to just modify my existing harness to get full functionality of DQS mirrors?

Modifying your factory harnesses would be the better and most cost effective route.

GM changes part #s all the time and with the vast options that I’ve seen, I’ve stopped documenting part #s and have been building these custom for each truck and mirror application as needed.

PM if interested in a DIY Kit for your application.

I have been looking at the mirrors. I have a 2018 2500HD Duramax with the K40. A couple of the manufacturers told me that their mirrors are only 2015-2017. Is something different on the 2018? I didn't think so. NEED HELP!

Nothing has changed for 2018. The reason why manufactures say 2015-2017 is because they haven’t validated for 2018 yet and for some 2014 - 2500/3500 trucks, those were older style 2013 body “carryover” models that they marked as 2014. So they won’t fit. 2014 - 1500 trucks were the new style K2 body.

I just did the DL8 to DL3 upgrade and used Phil's custom harness and YouTube videos as a guide. It was truly plug and play. Amazing detail went into building these harnesses. If you're on the fence on whether you should buy GM's or Phil's harness, hands down, get Phil's. You would never know the difference, and you won't have to worry about if it will work or not. 

2 minutes ago, alodawg26 said:

I just did the DL8 to DL3 upgrade and used Phil's custom harness and YouTube videos as a guide. It was truly plug and play. Amazing detail went into building these harnesses. If you're on the fence on whether you should buy GM's or Phil's harness, hands down, get Phil's. You would never know the difference, and you won't have to worry about if it will work or not. 

Thanks for the feedback Allen!  It's been a pleasure!  

Phil

I’ve got a 2015 Sierra SLT All Terrain edition with DL3 mirrors.  I’m wanting to go either DQS or an aftermarket equivalent.  Can you send me a pm with cost of harness and current lead time right now.  Also on the aftermarket which mirror are you recommending if I’m wanting the chrome covers.

Thanks 

Chris

• Like 1

Just did my first real mod to my 2018 truck with Phil's cable's and everything went well. Shout out to Phil for the custom cables and adapter also installed a diode so that the side lights and cargo lights come on in reverse. People here are awesome and I'm glad to be part of this community. 583ff2c79388bb2f826cbec5c0276ace.jpgf51b28f2ccb8a2d013afec5015b6c74f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Finally some nice weather knocked this project out in about 3 hours. Shout out to Phil and his wiring harness and wealth of information! Quality product and great instructions and videos.

d47809d3874267452bc4895eb4b5e3f2.jpg

f3c5e7f23fa0d040ba9cfb37a7c02055.jpg

• Like 1