Thank you so much for all of your time and research on this Pgamboa! Your custom harness made the conversion so easy and was a straight foward plug & play. I love my DL3 conversion mirrors and I can not say enough about your character sir!

I am planning on making a video of the door harness removal and install once the weather clears up!

• Like 1

Great write up and I've been following this upgrade closely. I'm assuming this works on 2016 Tahoe LT? I'll work on finding the DL3 mirrors then come back to you for the harnesses!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great write up and I've been following this upgrade closely. I'm assuming this works on 2016 Tahoe LT? I'll work on finding the DL3 mirrors then come back to you for the harnesses!

I would imagine the upgrade on the Tahoe would be the same or similar. All depends if GM did the same thing with how the DL3 content on the harnesses are setup. My guess is yes, since I'm sure they have Seat Memory options that is the reason for why they change the way the circuits are done.

I've already successfully completed the DL3 to DQS conversion, but i'd just like to say, Excellent write up! Very detailed and informative. :cheers:

Thank You! Also, thanks for confirming your GM Supported upgrade did not require any BCM and/or Memory Module Calibration.

Even though the Vehicle Acceptability for Retrofit indicates that a BCM and/or Memory Module Calibration is required, one was not needed here.

Once again I thank you for making something that I thought was a hopeless dream a reality. With your custom harnesses that made converting my lame ass dl8 mirrors to Dl3 come to life... for 225 bucks for the harnesses after purchasing the dl8 mirrors the ease of plug and play was a huge sigh of relief.

I thought I was doomed that I would never have blinkers or Puddle lights, you sir took all the guess work out of this conversion.

Sorry for the run on sentences guys...

but for all looking to convert your mirrors from dl8 to dl3 .. this is the guy to speak to... I want to add that harnesses look just as if Gm set them up themselves you will not be disappointed at all

• Like 3

Can I use a diode to get my puddle lamps to blink with the turn signals?

You sure can. Just need to find the Turn signal circuit in the BCM and and add the diode. I can look that up for you if interested.

Great write up I wish they were cheaper to convert .

I do offer a DIY Kit for $50 if you want to perform the mod on your existing harnesses. If you were to source the harnesses new, you're looking at an average cost of $150 for the set. It takes me about 2-3 hours to make the modifications and test. I perform continuity tests and install each harness on my truck to verify that they all work. I wouldn't have the peace of mind if I wasn't as critical in their operation and testing. I hope my options offer an affordable way to achieve the upgrade.

• Like 3

I think I read somewhere that the suvs are plug and play, unlike the trucks. Phil does some awesome work and I love my mirrors. Not only do they look cool, but the added safety is well worth it.

can anyone verify plug and play on Tahoe? This forum has been more useful than Tahoe forums lol

• Like 2

I'm in the process of upgrading the factory full featured power fold mirrors on my 2017 Sierra Denali to the full featured power fold tow mirrors.

I have to say that @pgamboa has been a massive help & I mean massive! The time, quality and effort he has put into his gear is incredible ! Looks and performs as good (if not better) than OEM !

Here's a sneak peak:

7e14fd3f6846dcd1f7a372f297d63b90.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1