Take a photo of the new part # harnesses and add it here showing the connectors / wires. Maybe we can see what's missing !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a binder documenting all harnesses I've come across. I'll be sure to document these.

• Like 3

I've already successfully completed the DL3 to DQS conversion, but i'd just like to say, Excellent write up! Very detailed and informative. :cheers:

Interested in doing the DL3 to DQS but it looks like mirrors will be nearly 800 for the pair.

Has anyone had documented success with an aftermarket alternative? I currently have an LTZ with indicator, puddle light, power fold, memory, and not sure on heated. Is there an aftermarket that retains power folding? I understand if I lose the memory function.

Links to successfully purchased aftermarket/ebay sets are appreciated.

• Like 2

Interested in doing the DL3 to DQS but it looks like mirrors will be nearly 800 for the pair.

Has anyone had documented success with an aftermarket alternative? I currently have an LTZ with indicator, puddle light, power fold, memory, and not sure on heated. Is there an aftermarket that retains power folding? I understand if I lose the memory function.

I'm working with another member that will be sourcing an aftermarket set from 1A Auto. Unfortunately, they are frequently out of stock. They have a model that is power folding. I will be learning more about them once I get my hands on them. They'll be going on an LTZ truck as well. So same situation as scenario as yours. I'll be documenting them along with the necessary harnesses (whether a factory set or a custom set made by me). Stay tuned... all depends on availability.

• Like 2

Wait a sec, you had DPN and are going up to DQS ? Or did you have DL3 and going up to DQS ?

I had DL3, then tried DPN, then went to DQS.

I originally thought DPN would be fine (they didn't work right either) but later decided I wanted the power fold back and the memory functions so bought and installed the DQS last weekend hoping they would work with no other issues, they didn't either.

pgamboa has a couple modified stock harnesses coming my way now so hopefully that will be the end of my dilema with the LED rears and front ambers. Sounds like it's just a matter of a couple pins needing moved around but not sure.

• Like 2

This member added the 1AAuto mirrors and posted several good videos and a lot of information on them and the installation.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/190228-new-2014-aftermarket-tow-mirrors/

I had DL3, then tried DPN, then went to DQS.

I originally thought DPN would be fine (they didn't work right either) but later decided I wanted the power fold back and the memory functions so bought and installed the DQS last weekend hoping they would work with no other issues, they didn't either.

pgamboa has a couple modified stock harnesses coming my way now so hopefully that will be the end of my dilema with the LED rears and front ambers. Sounds like it's just a matter of a couple pins needing moved around but not sure.

They are in the mail today. Can't wait to hear if this works! And anxiously await for the harnesses you have to hopefully shed some light on why they didn't work.

Edited by pgamboa

This member added the 1AAuto mirrors and posted several good videos and a lot of information on them and the installation.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/190228-new-2014-aftermarket-tow-mirrors/

Thank you for sharing this !! I was on the fence about getting the 1A auto ones vs OEM due to the cost. I really liked the puddle lamp & the clear lenses on the marker lights on 1A but having seen that video in so happy I went OEM.

If I had to do it all I would replace the wiring harnesses like I did and pay the few extra $$ for OEM. All the splicing / wiring is a lot of work that could cause issues down the road.

The only feature I kind of miss is the puddle lamp (which I could easily add with a white "Led Bolt" on each mirror & minimal wiring.

Again thank you for sharing !! I had been trying to track down some pictures / videos of the aftermarket ones functioning !!

Also, what works for me isn't for everyone either!! If I went aftermarket or even OEM I would probably save myself a bunch of $$ and shoot @pgamboa a message and have him build me some harnesses to spec & avoid all the ugly splicing / wiring / etc. He makes OEM quality gear and if he doesn't know how .. well .. chances are you can't do it lol !!

What is involved in swapping from DPN to DQS power fold? Regret not getting this......

Talk to @Pgamboa !! He's your man !

• Like 1

Just to give everyone some background on these door harnesses. There are 3 main connectors. X500 is the connector that plugs in the door hinge. This is a rectangular - 41 pin connector. The X510 is the square - 18 Pin connector that he mirror actually connects to. Then you have the X505 connector. This is the rectangular - 48 pin connector that plugs into the back of the door panel. This connector is what feeds the switches in the door panel.

I have studied these connectors in great detail to understand how the various functions are achieved. In the lower trim trucks (LT/SLE), the mirror adjust functions setup differently than in the higher trim trucks (LTZ/HC, SLT/Denali). They are pinned differently between the connectors and between the harness sets. This is the reason why we so many harness part #s. They also have variations based on cab size. For example, if you have a Regular Cab truck versus CC or D.C., you won't have the window lockout switch or child lock switch. So those circuits won't be present... a different harness #. Also, for older Gas Trucks, the passenger side won't have the temp sensor circuits like you find in a Diesel truck.

I wish we had a single harness # that would provide all the options and all you would have to do is add the Accessory you would want. But unfortunately, that's not the case.

Also, on the higher trim trucks, the mirror adjust circuits on a single LIN (Local Interconnect Network) Serial Data Bus # 8 circuit. Again, this circuit is not present on LT/SLE. This is the main reason why someone who tried to use a DL3 designated harness with a DL3 mirror on an LT - Won't work. Also goes the other way. If you have Seat Memory, those mirror adjust functions are dependent on that LIN Bus line. I know this is a lot of information, but I've got tons of pages of notes, line drawings, schematics and have slowly put the puzzle pieces together.

Edited by pgamboa

Yes, I have manual folding black towing mirrors that I would like to power fold.

Give me some more information on your truck. Year/Trim, etc. you might only need a power Fold switch.

• Like 1

Yes, I have manual folding black towing mirrors that I would like to power fold.

You will need:

1x new drivers side power folding mirror

1x new drivers side harness from pgamboa

1x new passenger side power folding mirror

1x new passenger side harness from pgamboa

1 x new power folding switch

I could be wrong on this last one but I think you also need some wiring from the BCM to the inner door harnesses.

And then possibly BCM programming if you want memory functions.

Whoa......I was with you right up to the pcm involvement........

I could be wrong but depending on your trim level you may be missing pins in the connector inside the door frame. Meaning you could plug the "right" harness into it but there is no corresponding pin on the other side allowing them to communicate.

I'm definitely not the guru on this, just sharing the little knowledge I do have. The master mirror mod god is Pgamboa! He helped me through my mod I did !

If you let us know what truck / trim / etc you have he will definitely help you out !

• Like 1