OK.......no worries....I'll keep my ear to the tracks here and see how it shakes out.......Thanks. It's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen it's just that this thing is so wide in the mirrors that I am finding many occasions where the power fold would come in handy.

OK.......no worries....I'll keep my ear to the tracks here and see how it shakes out.......Thanks. It's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen it's just that this thing is so wide in the mirrors that I am finding many occasions where the power fold would come in handy.

What year is your truck ? Model ? Trim ? Etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa......I was with you right up to the pcm involvement........

On the Vehicle Acceptability for Retrofit chart, it discloses that some vehicles would require a BCM and/or Memory Module Calibrations in order to have full functionality... especially for Seat Memory functions, memory recall, reverse tilt, etc.

It hasn't been clear to me on what these calibrations actually do. The members that I have helped successfully have not needed either calibrations. I am still not sure on what the calibrations do since the harness modifications I perform merely moves the lighting circuits around to match the mirrors that you change from/to.

• Like 1

Hi I have 2015 gmc sle crewcab with 5.3. Was wondering if i could upgrade to towing mirrors without changing any harnesses.Truck has dl8 option.I have a chance to buy towing mirrors of a chevy ltz.As long as heated and power would work,that is fine by me.

Thank You.

• Like 1

Posting this to clear up my previous posts.

I think I solved the mystery I was having. The two harnesses I swore were 23342727 and 23342716, are really parts 23342726 and 23342714. I caught this looking at the pin out when it finally sunk in to me.

I did order 23342727 and 23342716 but got the wrong harnesses some how. I got one box with both harnesses and the part number on box was all together different as I recall. I guess this is a big slap in my face for not catching the part numbers even after I looked at them probably 10 times and still not catching it. Yes, you can say it, I am a big dumb arse.

Look forward to the harnesses pgamboa is sending and for him bailing me out here.

Thank you all who jumped in to help, it was most appreciated.

• Like 1

Hi I have 2015 gmc sle crewcab with 5.3. Was wondering if i could upgrade to towing mirrors without changing any harnesses.Truck has dl8 option.I have a chance to buy towing mirrors of a chevy ltz.As long as heated and power would work,that is fine by me.

Thank You.

Changing mirrors will require changing the harnesses if you want lighting to work. If you only care about Power adjust and heat; you should be fine. But why not add the lighting?

Edited by pgamboa

Posting this to clear up my previous posts.

I think I solved the mystery I was having. The two harnesses I swore were 23342727 and 23342716, are really parts 23342726 and 23342714. I caught this looking at the pin out when it finally sunk in to me.

I did order 23342727 and 23342716 but got the wrong harnesses some how. I got one box with both harnesses and the part number on box was all together different as I recall. I guess this is a big slap in my face for not catching the part numbers even after I looked at them probably 10 times and still not catching it. Yes, you can say it, I am a big dumb arse.

Look forward to the harnesses pgamboa is sending and for him bailing me out here.

Thank you all who jumped in to help, it was most appreciated.

All good! I haven't worked on those harness part #s yet so I would still be curious on how they are pinned.

Also excited for results of my custom harnesses.

Thanks for updating!

Changing mirrors will require changing the harnesses if you want lighting to work. If you only care about Power adjust and heat; you should be fine. But why not add the lighting?

I guess the extra cost of hardware and labour versus just plug and play will be the deciding factor.

• Like 1

I guess the extra cost of hardware and labour versus just plug and play will be the deciding factor.

If you are a DIY kind of guy, I have a "kit" with the pre-terminated wires. Comes with instructions to add the lighting circuits yourself. Lower cost alternative to getting the Plug and Play Harness. PM if you want more info.

For those that are curious on the work involved with the harness modification, I've created and uploaded a Time Lapse Video of the process. The original post has been updated and the video link is at the bottom. Here it is as well.

Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/206759420

Edited by pgamboa
  • Like 7

My truck has the DL8 mirrors. If I wanted to switch to tow mirrors with the lights working but no power fold what all do I need? Obviously mirrors, but what do I need for wiring? Full harness or just the DIY kit? Or nothing?

• Like 1

My truck has the DL8 mirrors. If I wanted to switch to tow mirrors with the lights working but no power fold what all do I need? Obviously mirrors, but what do I need for wiring? Full harness or just the DIY kit? Or nothing?

If you did nothing, you would only have Heated and Mirror Adjust. If you get my custom harness, you will gain turn signal, Cargo Lamps, and Park Lamps. If you get Towing Mirrors with power Fold, you will gain power Fold (requires fold switch 23154702). This would be Plug and Play. Remove your existing harness, install my custom harness.... and you'd be done.

If you are a DIY kind of person, you can get my DIY Kit. The will include all you need to modify your existing harnesses. This involves unwrapping the harness, inserting the pre-terminated wires, rewrap. The time lapse shows the process of harness modification.

Let me know if you need anymore info.

Edited by pgamboa
  • Like 2