This is what I have:

DQS Power folding mirrors

Door harnesses

So you used these GM OEM parts, and everything is working correctly, ALL features working??

What year and trim model is your truck?

Thanks

2016 Silverado LT 2500HD

DL8 to Tow Mirror DSQ (chrome w/power fold

hi all thought I’d share what I’m doing

I’ll get to the results first. I replaced just the driver side with new harness and mirror.

Passenger side no change yet. So far no warning/check lights or messages that truck will self-destruct.

Drivers side

Installed new harness, and mirror, Drilled 4th hole in door for mirror

I have heat, Turn Signal, puddle lights go on with Cargo light switch, Front amber clearance Lamps are on when lights are on..

Single light blinks when lock or unlock.

I got wrong folding switch so i cant test that yet, i ordered the correct one today. (23154702)

I have up/down but no side to side with old switch. Update,3/21 installed new switch, no folding.

Passenger side

Have not changed anything yet.

Lost all up/down/side functions.

Update,3/21 will install new harness this weekend

Ordered

this is what i ordered

mirror driver 84041609

mirror pass 84041611 (ill install next weekish)

driver harness 23342727

pass harness 23342716

mirror switch 23488411 (wrong one)

mirror switch 23154702 (right one for my door harness)

Truck

2016 Silverado LT 2500HD.

Attached are some pics and build sheet. I have no memory seats.

I do have trailer package, snowplow prep, off road

I can post more pic later about the install process if you think it will be of interest.

pete

having trouble posting hope it works

build sheet

post-170248-0-96563800-1489959491_thumb.jpg

door connector top

post-170248-0-21039100-1489959766_thumb.jpg

door connector bottom

post-170248-0-32213700-1489959780_thumb.jpg

Edited by pete16
  • Like 1

So you used these GM OEM parts, and everything is working correctly, ALL features working??

What year and trim model is your truck?

Thanks

I used the mirror part numbers I listed, and Phil made me some stock re-pinned harnesses due to me originally ordering the wrong OEM harnesses, so I made a deal with Phil.

The OEM harnesses I listed are harnesses several folks have used successfully on here, with RPO codes DL3 and A45, which is what I have as well.

I have a 2017 Sierra SLT All Terrain.

All features work for me.

Edited by DLW66
  • Like 2

2016 Silverado LT 2500HD

DL8 to Tow Mirror DSQ (chrome w/power fold

hi all thought I’d share what I’m doing

I’ll get to the results first. I replaced just the driver side with new harness and mirror.

Passenger side no change yet. So far no warning/check lights or messages that truck will self-destruct.

Drivers side

Installed new harness, and mirror, Drilled 4th hole in door for mirror

I have heat, Turn Signal, puddle lights go on with Cargo light switch, Front amber clearance Lamps are on when lights are on..

Single light blinks when lock or unlock.

I got wrong folding switch so i cant test that yet, i ordered the correct one today. (23154702)

I have up/down but no side to side with old switch. Update,3/21 installed new switch, no folding.

Passenger side

Have not changed anything yet.

Lost all up/down/side functions.

Update,3/21 will install new harness this weekend

Ordered

this is what i ordered

mirror driver 84041609

mirror pass 84041611 (ill install next weekish)

driver harness 23342727

pass harness 23342716

mirror switch 23488411 (wrong one)

mirror switch 23154702 (right one for my door harness)

Truck

2016 Silverado LT 2500HD.

Attached are some pics and build sheet. I have no memory seats.

I do have trailer package, snowplow prep, off road

I can post more pic later about the install process if you think it will be of interest.

pete

having trouble posting hope it works

build sheet

attachicon.gifcode.jpg

door connector top

attachicon.giftoph 1.jpg

door connector bottom

attachicon.gifbottomh 1.jpg

Pete, are you able to comment if you are functional? Based on those part #s, I would that lighting and heat work but adjust and fold don't. Please advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes lights are fine I have heat, Turn Signal, puddle lights go on with Cargo light switch, Front amber clearance Lamps are on when lights are on..Single light blinks when lock or unlock. no folding. pete

• Like 1

Yes lights are fine I have heat, Turn Signal, puddle lights go on with Cargo light switch, Front amber clearance Lamps are on when lights are on..Single light blinks when lock or unlock. no folding. pete

Based on the part #s that are installed, this is the expected behavior. The reason being is the harness GM suggested are not correct for LT trims and are for LTZ Trims. The passenger side adjust functions, Power Fold, and 1/2 of the driver side adjust circuits are combined onto a single serial data circuit Bus that is connected to the Seat Memory system. This is why you lost these functions when you installed those harnesses. I can fix this with a set of custom harnesses for you that will have these circuits pinned correctly.

Based on the part #s that are installed, this is the expected behavior. The reason being is the harness GM suggested are not correct for LT trims and are for LTZ Trims. The passenger side adjust functions, Power Fold, and 1/2 of the driver side adjust circuits are combined onto a single serial data circuit Bus that is connected to the Seat Memory system. This is why you lost these functions when you installed those harnesses. I can fix this with a set of custom harnesses for you that will have these circuits pinned correctly.

one of the dealers i called, said GM didnt have any power fold mirrors listed, so i didnt pay much attention to what they said.

Based on my vin, they said I had rzy harness, and were going to install the mirror kit 23372181 (black tow non folding)

harness 23171572 and 23171566.

If i had those harness, dqs mirror, and folding switch, the outcome would have been plug and play ?

Or would i still have to modify wiring.....

pete

pete

one of the dealers i called, said GM didnt have any power fold mirrors listed, so i didnt pay much attention to what they said.

Based on my vin, they said I had rzy harness, and were going to install the mirror kit 23372181 (black tow non folding)

harness 23171572 and 23171566.

If i had those harness, dqs mirror, and folding switch, the outcome would have been plug and play ?

Or would i still have to modify wiring.....

pete

pete

Correct. Those part #s (23151572 and 23171566) would have been the correct harnesses. They told you that you needed the RZY Harness? LOL. If you got lighting to work with the LTZ harnesses, you do not need the RZY jumper harness. The RZY Harness is only needed if you are missing the lighting circuits in the door connector. The difference between getting the harness set from me is that I offer a full refund if they don't work, the correct support, and a core refund for stock harnesses.

New member here just want to give a big shout out to Phil who helped me switch my dl8 mirrors to dl3 mirrors with his custom harness. Customer service is the best he answered all my questions fast thru email as I'm from BC Canada ,thanks again Phil

• Like 1

I also want to give props to Phil.

I wanted functional DL3 mirrors and Phil helped make that a reality.

I have a 2014 Silverado LT.

Wiring harnesses arrived quickly and the work is very professional.

Harnesses look stock. No hack job here.

Once again, THANKS PHIL. Worth the money!

Dino

I've got a base model 2017, no power anything mirror.

Can i switch to tow mirror? if so which one and what will be needed?

I haven't had a Base Trim or WT trim candidate yet. I'd love to work with you to determine the requirements and if it can be done.

I'd need picture of connectors, door panels etc. since you don't have power mirrors now, we'd have to explore the harness that is built into the door panel and drives the window switches, door locks. Etc. At this point, it is not known if this is possible or a "Plug and Play" solution.