I wound up getting the nicer lighted mirrors from 1A Auto. Thanks to pgamboa's clearance lamp workaround video I got the amber light to work. Very happy with the results. Once I can save up some money I will be getting the harnesses to do it the right way.  

vb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Phil.  The harnesses work great.  All expected features work...electric adjustment, front marker lights, turn signals, and cargo LED.  And the diode mod for turning on the cargo LED in reverse was a nice bonus.  Thanks again!

Update...Phil was extremely fast on refunding the core charge...thanks again Phil!

Edited by GJohnson
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2018 at 11:17 PM, pgamboa said:

In short - YES! :)

PM me. I can get a DIY Kit put together for ya. Welcome and congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So for me, the long weekend is a break from the hectic day to day...  and the time I needed to finally get the tow mirrors installed!  Thanks to @Aaron1121for the mirrors themselves.  They were just what I was looking for.  And of course to @pgamboa for sending out the DIY kit for the harness modification.  Everything worked exactly as expected!  Of course, I probably spent more than double the time a normal person would take just for triple and quadruple checking the connections.  Plus I modified the wiring slightly to add the front park/signal upgrade.  Weird as it sounds, I actually enjoyed the project, and @pgamboa's instructions made it easy.  If I can get it cleaned up, I'll post a pic later this wknd.

I hope everyone has an awesome holiday weekend!

• Like 1

Looking to upgrade my 2018 but thread title says 14-17. Same-Same or No? Thanks for the awesome thread Gamboa.

Same for 2018. Will need to update thread title and docs.

Great thread and thanks pgamboa for helping me verify contacts/pin part#' s and wiring a while back (I took apart and modified my own harnesses). I've had the power fold mirrors from AM auto installed on my truck for a few months now and like them alot! Only thing I don't like is vibration on the top glass at higher speeds, bottom glass is rock solid. Has anyone found any diy fixes for this? (Perhaps it's worse on some mirros than others) Was thinking of removing the top glass and checking everything for tightness/perhaps adding some rubber tape/rubber washers/shims somewhere if it looks like it could help....i wonder if it's the glass to the motor assembly interface or the motor assembly itself that may be loose/not isolated enough...

Edited by Shanes14Silverado
Sp
  • Like 1

How hard is the DIY kit to put together? I think I'm going to go that route, even picked up a extra set of harnesses just in case I mess something up lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

anyone know where to get best deal on new factory black tow mirrors? only need power and heated. will also have to get a set of custom harness. thanks in advance.

• Like 1

anyone know where to get best deal on new factory black tow mirrors? only need power and heated. will also have to get a set of custom harness. thanks in advance.

Is power fold important? If not, the non power fold I can get for $495 for the pair, black textured caps. $555 for chrome.

2 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Is power fold important? If not, the non power fold I can get for $495 for the pair, black textured caps. $555 for chrome.

Perfect! I don’t need power fold and just would like the all black mirrors. I will also need your harness for a 2014 silverado double cab. I would I order pay for this?

• Like 1

Perfect! I don’t need power fold and just would like the all black mirrors. I will also need your harness for a 2014 silverado double cab. I would I order pay for this?

Send me a PM. With 2014, there will be on additional jumper harness that you’ll need and need to install. This particular jumper is to get the missing pins 9 and 11 on both door jambs and land them under the hood.

Hello all, I just got an ‘18 2500 Duramax for a work truck. It has the small power and heated mirrors. I would like to upgrade to some towing mirrors. Since work provides it, and I’ll probably get a new one is less than a year, what options do I have for tow mirrors that don’t require a ton of modification or money? Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks, Phil, once again for your help.  The reality is that there's not much you can do to a white truck to make it more than it is - a truck :) - but the mirrors make it a bit safer for me and the fam while I'm towing.  Appreciate what you do for the community.

MVIMG_20180529_210312b.jpg

• Like 1

Hello all, I just got an ‘18 2500 Duramax for a work truck. It has the small power and heated mirrors. I would like to upgrade to some towing mirrors. Since work provides it, and I’ll probably get a new one is less than a year, what options do I have for tow mirrors that don’t require a ton of modification or money? Thanks

What’s your budget? There are OEM mirrors and aftermarket. If you don’t care for bells and whistles like power fold or lighting features, you can get a basic aftermarket set for about $200 and not have to swap harnesses.

If you want lighting features, door harnesses are needed and you’re up to maybe $500. Power fold, and your up to about $800. OEM and that’ll take ya to about $1300.