pgamboa, been reading and watching your videos on the aftermarket tow mirror conversions lots of info.  My question is I purchased a set off amazon, did not pay close attention to what I was getting but it looks like I received tow mirrors that are equivalent to RPO DPN, what I have on my 2016 Denali is the DL3 mirrors & A45 memory seats.  when I connected the new mirrors the power mirror adjustment worked, blinker on front worked but no running lights or cargo lights.  Any suggestions to gain back the running lights and cargo feature?

• Like 1

First of all, thanks for the time and effort you have put into this.  I have a 2017 Silverado LT with the DPN mirrors and would like to get the DQS.  I understand that I will only have to change my switch to have power fold.  If I decide to go with the puddle light option, is there any wiring mods that need to be done?

Thanks,

Jim

• Like 1

I know that with a replacement harness and a set of mirrors from 1A Auto, I can have the look and function of factory tow mirrors.  However 1A offers a mirror that will  utilize my automatic adjustment and heat function without a new harness.  I don't like the appearance of these as much as factory but they will do the job.  Has anyone reading this tried this particular mirror?  If so, are you satisfied or should I stop being so cheap? https://www.1aauto.com/mirror-pair-trail-ridge-tr00012/i/trmrp00012

Edited by Donstar
  • Like 1

I know that with a replacement harness and a set of mirrors from 1A Auto, I can have the look and function of factory tow mirrors.  However 1A offers a mirror that will  utilize my automatic adjustment and heat function without a new harness.  I don't like the appearance of these as much as factory but they will do the job.  Has anyone reading this tried this particular mirror?  If so, are you satisfied or should I stop being so cheap? https://www.1aauto.com/mirror-pair-trail-ridge-tr00012/i/trmrp00012

I haven’t personally had my hands on these but have heard Feedback from others who have. Nothing negative except they wish they they had gotten Mirrors with the lighting features on them. These are priced just under $200. For about $282, you can move up to a set with the lighting features (from AM Auto) and use my DIY Kit ($65) to modify your harness.... if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First of all, thanks for the time and effort you have put into this.  I have a 2017 Silverado LT with the DPN mirrors and would like to get the DQS.  I understand that I will only have to change my switch to have power fold.  If I decide to go with the puddle light option, is there any wiring mods that need to be done?

Thanks,

Jim

You are correct sir. If your DPN mirros are the current version with all the lighting features, then no harness swap is needed. There are some dealers that are still provisioning the older style DPN (Turn Signals only in the glass).

If you get a mirror from 1A Auto/AM Auto that has a puddle lamp, then you will need to make additional modifications.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pgamboa said:

I haven’t personally had my hands on these but have heard Feedback from others who have. Nothing negative except they wish they they had gotten Mirrors with the lighting features on them. These are priced just under $200. For about $282, you can move up to a set with the lighting features (from AM Auto) and use my DIY Kit ($65) to modify your harness.... if that helps.

Thanks, Phil.  These AM Auto mirrors certainly have the look and features I would prefer!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pgamboa said:

You are correct sir. If your DPN mirros are the current version with all the lighting features, then no harness swap is needed. There are some dealers that are still provisioning the older style DPN (Turn Signals only in the glass).

If you get a mirror from 1A Auto/AM Auto that has a puddle lamp, then you will need to make additional modifications.

Thanks for the response, Phil.  I will be in touch when I decide to do the mod.

Jim

• Like 1

Got my dads mirrors installed yesterday on his truck, and now I’m officially jealous!  Man they looks so good, and thanks for the DIY kit Phil, worked like a charm!

If anyone in the Houston area needs a hand upgrading mirrors, let me know! 

3990CF47-A52D-47E9-A1E5-AF9643B11623.jpeg

Edited by pewterliftedz
  • Like 2

Call me lazy for not wanting to go through 94 pages to find a post of what I’m working with... I have a 2014 Silverado 1500 1lt. I purchased TRMRP00045 from a1 auto. I currently have dl8 mirrors (power mirror operation, heated...manual fold) I’m not sure if I’m getting over my head here with adding turn signal,marker and reverse lamp but was wondering your thoughts on what I may need or if I’m biting off more than I can chew

• Like 1

Folks,

Just want to let everyone know that I’ll be on vacation next week 7/12 - 7/21.

All orders already booked will be built/Shipped before I go. I use your PayPal email address for the outbound shipment notification so be on the lookout for an email from the USPS.

I’ll be responding to threads/PMs as I am able to while on vacation.

Any orders booked after Friday 7/6 will be built after 7/21 and shipped in the order they were booked.

Thanks!

Call me lazy for not wanting to go through 94 pages to find a post of what I’m working with... I have a 2014 Silverado 1500 1lt. I purchased TRMRP00045 from a1 auto. I currently have dl8 mirrors (power mirror operation, heated...manual fold) I’m not sure if I’m getting over my head here with adding turn signal,marker and reverse lamp but was wondering your thoughts on what I may need or if I’m biting off more than I can chew

Just read the first post in its entirety :). It’ll explain what you need. If you have more questions; let me know.

At a minimum, youll need to modify your door harnesses or get my already built harnesses.

2nd, since you have a 2014, there will be more wiring to do in the cabin for cargo lamps and running lamps.

Take a look at the first post.

8 hours ago, Afgixxer said:

Which mirrors did you go with?

I went with the AM auto with chrome caps that have every function, including power fold and memory.

i only paid $399 for mine since they were on sale for $499 and  I had a 20% off eBay coupon.

509D66AD-1CAF-40B3-9120-AB26EBD789A7.png

Edited by pewterliftedz

Those look nice! Those, 1auto or boostauto which don’t fold. Do you find the tow mirrors are beneficial if you don’t ever tow and just like the look? Also did you have to buy a harness at all? It seems since I have a DL8 I will need Phil’s harness plus the button for $70

On 7/3/2018 at 8:50 PM, Afgixxer said:

Those look nice! Those, 1auto or boostauto which don’t fold. Do you find the tow mirrors are beneficial if you don’t ever tow and just like the look? Also did you have to buy a harness at all? It seems since I have a DL8 I will need Phil’s harness plus the button for $70

I love having tow mirrors, the visibility is awesome even when you don't have a trailer.  I installed these on my dad's truck since he owns a pretty big travel trailer that the factory mirrors won't let you see around.  I want them for my Sierra, but can't justify the cost right now, since the only thing I've towed lately is my car hauler.

I bought Phil's DIY wiring kit, and did the wiring myself.  It's not hard to do at all, just time consuming, but Phil does send all the instructions.

• Like 1