:thumbs:    BIG shout out to Pgamboa for his support, even message replies on a Saturday along with his quality harness's and instructions. This guy knows his stuff and helped me convert an SLE with DL8's to tow mirrors adding: running, cargo and blinker lights this past weekend.

I was fortunate enough to own one of those '2014's' that needed the jumper harness as well as the two door harnesses. The effort required was not too bad for a 6'6" 'barrel' of a guy with big hands :D. Everything worked on the 1st try - once you remember to plug ALL the connectors in......The mirrors are the cleanest items on truck

Front view.JPG

cargo lights on.JPG

front light on.JPG

• Like 1

What about these? Claim to be OEM and powe folding.
A14D33FD-8B23-4FBA-A5B5-808ABBE25723.thumb.png.860c016ddf0bc0dda2716f043c65907e.png

Those are power fold. I can get those mirrors for $1040 on a referral basis, out the door, Shipped via FedEx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/7/2018 at 8:22 AM, Afgixxer said:

Definitely going with Phil’s harness and expertise just trying to decide if I want to get the expensive tow mirrors or DL3

I did i just installed them, super easy

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Those are power fold. I can get those mirrors for $1040 on a referral basis, out the door, Shipped via FedEx.

What harness would be needed for a truck that already has DL3’s from the factory?

also do those have key fob fold, mirror memory,  and reverse tilt?

• Like 1

What harness would be needed for a truck that already has DL3’s from the factory?

also do those have key fob fold, mirror memory,  and reverse tilt?

If you have DL3 Mirrors now, you will retain all the Memory features you have now... that includes - reverse tilt, mirror memory, key fob fold, etc.

As for harnesses, I build these to work with these mirrors.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pgamboa said:

If you have DL3 Mirrors now, you will retain all the Memory features you have now... that includes - reverse tilt, mirror memory, key fob fold, etc.

As for harnesses, I build these to work with these mirrors.

I'm a bit confused, as my dealer is telling me I just need the mirrors and possibly a reprogram of the memory unit, but that no harnesses are needed. Can you confirm one way or the other here?

• Like 1

I'm a bit confused, as my dealer is telling me I just need the mirrors and possibly a reprogram of the memory unit, but that no harnesses are needed. Can you confirm one way or the other here?

Nope. sadly they are wrong. There is no BCM flash that will move circuits. You’ll waste your time. And $.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Nope. sadly they are wrong. There is no BCM flash that will move circuits. You’ll waste your time. And $.

PM incoming

• Like 1

***VACATION MODE***

I will on vacation on from 7/12 - 7/21.  All booked Mirror Harness orders have been shipped.  Thank you all for the continued support!  

I will have access to the inter webs so I will periodically monitor things.  LOL.  I will also be accepting orders while on vacation but won't be able to begin building until I return.  All booked orders will be processed in the order they came in.  If core harnesses are received during this time, I will process those as soon as I return.

Thanks everyone!

-Phil

• Like 2

Just got done installing my custom harnesses from Phil.  High quality!!  I have the tow mirrors and needed the rear lights to work, so I didn't do an upgrade to DL3, but upgraded from DL3 to Tow Mirrors (power fold).  Phil was quick to respond to my order request, got the harnesses shipped out quickly, and sent tracking information to me as soon as they shipped.

I followed his video for installing, and everything went off without a hitch.  Took me about an hour to do both sides.  Since I've had the door panels off a couple of times on this one and my previous (2016 2500HD), I probably saved 15 minutes or so due to the experience, but even if you've never taken your door panel off, just follow his video and it's quite easy.  

Thanks again Phil for everything!

• Like 1

On 7/11/2018 at 10:05 AM, Bubbles said:

As Phil already stated, the dealer is wrong.  I have a DL3 Truck that I upgraded to factory tow mirrors (power fold, etc), and the dealer told me the same thing.  Luckily, they agreed to cover the programming when I bought the truck, and when they tried, they never could figure out why only some of the features worked.  The power folding, memory, movement, etc... worked before any programming.  However, even after programming, the amber LED's on the front only came on when locking with the remote (maybe it was unlocking), and the rear cargo lights never came on (when in reverse or when the cargo switch on the dash was pressed).  Phil's harness fixed all of that, and no further programming is needed.  

• Like 1

Sorry if it’s been answered but it’s hard to sort through 1000 replies.

Does anyone know if adding in power fold allows for key FOB operation?

I’m not talking about AUTO fold/unfold. Just want to know if I can operate the mirrors with the key fob. Would love to be able to remote start and unlock/open mirrors as I approach the vehicle.

EDIT: Originally a 2018 LT with DL8s. Going to 1A Auto 1786.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nsfw302 said:

Sorry if it’s been answered but it’s hard to sort through 1000 replies.

Does anyone know if adding in power fold allows for key FOB operation?

I’m not talking about AUTO fold/unfold. Just want to know if I can operate the mirrors with the key fob. Would love to be able to remote start and unlock/open mirrors as I approach the vehicle.

EDIT: Originally a 2018 LT with DL8s. Going to 1A Auto 1786.

I think tbat only works if your truck has the memory option. Kine didnt have it. So i cant do that 

• Like 1