Sorry if it’s been answered but it’s hard to sort through 1000 replies.

Does anyone know if adding in power fold allows for key FOB operation?

I’m not talking about AUTO fold/unfold. Just want to know if I can operate the mirrors with the key fob. Would love to be able to remote start and unlock/open mirrors as I approach the vehicle.

EDIT: Originally a 2018 LT with DL8s. Going to 1A Auto 1786.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You cannot gain key fob fold if you’re an LT. I do have an after Market mod that uses a fold module that can make your mirrors fold with your key fob. It requires heavy driver door harness modification and an aftermarket fold module. It intercepts 11 circuits in your door harnesses.

Otherwise, unless you go down the complete path of adding Seat Memory, you can’t add it.

You cannot gain key fob fold if you’re an LT. I do have an after Market mod that uses a fold module that can make your mirrors fold with your key fob. It requires heavy driver door harness modification and an aftermarket fold module. It intercepts 11 circuits in your door harnesses.

Otherwise, unless you go down the complete path of adding Seat Memory, you can’t add it.

Ah okay. Btw I got your harness already. Thanks for the superb shipping speed!! I’ll be sure to post pics when I’m done [emoji1303]

• Like 1

Ah okay. Btw I got your harness already. Thanks for the superb shipping speed!! I’ll be sure to post pics when I’m done [emoji1303]

Nice! I would post a pic of where I am right now (on vacation off course), but don’t want to piss anyone off ;)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Thanks for telling me this 2 weeks ago :(

• Like 1

Thanks for telling me this 2 weeks ago [emoji20]

There are some stipulations to this though and want to make sure you are 100% on board with it.

32 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

There are some stipulations to this though and want to make sure you are 100% on board with it.

Texted

Does Phil have a web site? I was wondering how to order.

John,

I do not. Each upgrade is unique so I validate each order via PM, then build your harness to order.

I’ll be getting a website soon but I need to design it to retain all the awesome content that this forum provides. Send me a PM with the needs.

Please note: I am on vacation until 7/21 so my messages may be delayed due to time zone differences and reception. I am also accepting orders upon successful validation. All booked orders will built/Shipped upon my return, in the order they came in. PM me with your needs.

Currently, with all booked orders, lead time is about 4-5 days when I am back.

Thank you Phil.   It appears the mirrors I had on back order have shipped and they are plug and play for my set-up.  I was a week or two too late finding you.

Thank you for all your work and enjoy your vacation.

2 hours ago, John K. said:

Thank you Phil.   It appears the mirrors I had on back order have shipped and they are plug and play for my set-up.  I was a week or two too late finding you.

Thank you for all your work and enjoy your vacation.

What is your current setup, and which mirrors did you order.  Not alot of these tow mirror upgrades are plug and play, unless you ordered the ones that have no lighting or power folding.

6 hours ago, pewterliftedz said:

What is your current setup, and which mirrors did you order.  Not alot of these tow mirror upgrades are plug and play, unless you ordered the ones that have no lighting or power folding.

Jason,  I'm not gaining any new features, both the old and new mirrors are heated and electric adjust so it should be a simple trade.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@pgamboa  I just wanted to give credit to Phil for his help, support, awesome product, and great videos. I was able to convert my DL8 mirrors to DL3s.  I can recommend to anyone thinking on trying this to shoot Phil a pm and get his harnasses. Take your time and be patient as you go. I also had a little difficulty initially getting the panel to release from the upper clips, but it worked out with a little more effort.  Once again...thanks Phil. 

C273BCC6-C751-4E30-8A27-55A56AAD0D25.jpeg

Edited by Jchoi
  • Like 1