I have a 2017 Silverado High Country with the DL3 mirrors and seat memory.  With the help of @Pgamboa I purchased the 1AMPR01786 full function Towing Mirrors.  He made me new door harnesses and provided the upgrade needed to turn the towing mirrors into the full functions of the DL3 mirrors.  I followed his excellent video and the installation of the new mirrors went off without a hitch.  The new towing mirrors have all the functions of the old DL3's but the view is so much better.  And now it will be a lot easier for towing my 26' car hauler. Here are some photos of the finished product. 

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

653_K4J5U_05_10_2016_002.jpg

• Like 1

Are you happy with the quality of the mirrors themselves?  I am torn between the OEM and less expensive aftermarkets.

Earlier this year I installed 1AMRP01771 mirrors on my 2017  Silverado with Phil's harnesses.

I am very pleased with the mirrors; the only complaint I have is I get a slight whistle while driving down the road that is not present when the mirrors are folded.  I think the whistle is coming from where the forward part of the running light lens meets the front mirror plastic.  I cannot hear it with windows up, only with windows down, and it is little more than an annoyance that I think a clear piece of packing tape can fix.

For saving more than $500 compared to installing factory DQS mirrors, I can live with a bit of wind noise.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input

1 hour ago, e181ds said:

Are you happy with the quality of the mirrors themselves?  I am torn between the OEM and less expensive aftermarkets.

I am very happy with the mirrors so far.  I have been out on I-95 and didn't hear any unusual noises.  The view out of theses mirrors is great.  Lots of mirror to see whats going on.

• Like 1

Thanks!

Posted (edited)
On 2/22/2017 at 2:55 PM, pgamboa said:

I have DL8 mirrors and came across this and would love to do this. Are you still making the harness?

Edited by ke5eua
  • Like 1

I have DL8 mirrors and came across this and would love to do this. Are you still making the harness?

Yes.

Lead times for harnesses is about 3-4 weeks. I am taking some much needed time off next month (6/6 - 6/17). So that will factor into extended lead times.

Hope this helps. I can send you ordering instructions if you want hold your spot in the build queue. I will be building/shipping items as soon as I’m able to, in the order payment came in. I will stop building/shipping on 6/5 and will resume where I left off when I return.

Send me a PM with more details on the needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Paul,

Lots of incredible information here. Thank you.

I have a 2015 Sierra All Terrain with DL3 mirrors and want to upgrade to DQS.

I do not have A45.

I would like to add the autofold with fob if possible.

I wish to go the DIY route.

Thanks

Jason

Hi Paul,

Lots of incredible information here. Thank you.

I have a 2015 Sierra All Terrain with DL3 mirrors and want to upgrade to DQS.

I do not have A45.

I would like to add the autofold with fob if possible.

I wish to go the DIY route.

Thanks
Jason

PM me. You won’t be able to add Factory Key Fob Fold since it is dependent of the A45 Seat Memory System. We’ll also have to validate your cabin side connector since your truck is 2015.

Yesterday I swapped my D8 s for D3s using Phil’s harness and his you tube video. It was a breeze and worked perfectly. 

9BE65305-2DE0-4C09-9C4C-8CB6D907BCD7.jpeg

• Like 1

Yesterday I swapped my D8 s for D3s using Phil’s harness and his you tube video. It was a breeze and worked perfectly. 
9BE65305-2DE0-4C09-9C4C-8CB6D907BCD7.jpeg.1bb64305e92be8f03a039a6eb098b197.jpeg

Thanks for sharing! Looking great!

19 hours ago, Jagerschnapps1 said:

9BE65305-2DE0-4C09-9C4C-8CB6D907BCD7.jpeg

Look's good - Any info on your mesh grill , are your headlights tinted ?? Fog light amber or yellow tint ???? Thanks

Thanks. The grill was purchased off of fleabay about a year ago. I looked but cannot find another. The headlights are not tinted yet and the fog lights are yellow fog lights also off of FleaBay.  

16 hours ago, Jagerschnapps1 said:

Thanks. The grill was purchased off of fleabay about a year ago. I looked but cannot find another. The headlights are not tinted yet and the fog lights are yellow fog lights also off of FleaBay.  

Thank You