Have you built your own AR?

I was issued my first one ;) bought my 2nd, spent a few 100 getting it to the way I wanted, now I just build them or buy the parts kits exactly the way I want them so I don't keep accumulating random parts. Prefer BCM/ DD, but I use Delton and Anderson Lowers because thats what is available where I live to build off. Also.. Trigger snob.

• 2 weeks later...

Only built two from the ground up. Not hard at all with a YouTube video showing step by step. I didn't use any fancy tool just a hammer and a punch. Not saying use my method but it works just as fine. I look at like building a set of legos

• 3 weeks later...

I built my AR but I used a completed lower and put the rest together. Not hard at all going that route and not a ton money if you hit the sales

• 4 weeks later...

Built my first one I owned and it was pretty easy with minimal tools. There's some good rifles out there for fairly cheap but building your own is fun. Plus you get it exactly how you want it

• 4 months later...
On 2/24/2017 at 6:26 AM, akaWHIPLASH said:

How many of you have bought the separate sections or individual pieces to build your AR instead of buying it as a whole assembled unit

Found it alot easier to purchase already built, but i do know that the AR enthusiast like to build them from different parts.  

• 1 month later...

As already mentioned I also recommend building your own AR. The feeling when putting the first couple of rounds through your finished rifle is VERY satisfying. Just a warning though - it is highly addictive :D

I mean, the excitement when planning your build... ordering the parts... putting them... together... Mmm... I think I have to do some shopping tonight!!!! :lol:

As for what components to use I would say it's all up to you and the availability in your area. My rifles are a cocktail of parts from Magpul, LaRue, CMC, Spuhr, JP, Oberland, Lothar Walther, etc.

Good luck!

Archived