Plasti-dip $3k 22 inch gm rims?

I hate painted wheels. My Camaro had plasti dip over scratched painted stock wheels when I bought it. Removed the dip thinking about powder coating them. Ended up just going with chrome after market wheels

It's easier than ever to guard against scratches, don't go Plasti dipping them. Use a ceramic wheel coating. A few layers of ceramic coating will resist scratching very well and provides a super tough barrier so the wheels themselves don't actually get scratched. Plus they become much much easier to clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's easier than ever to guard against scratches, don't go Plasti dipping them. Use a ceramic wheel coating. A few layers of ceramic coating will resist scratching very well and provides a super tough barrier so the wheels themselves don't actually get scratched. Plus they become much much easier to clean

I have never heard of ceramic coating. What does it cost? Does it change the look? Can they do it with tires on the rims?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have never heard of ceramic coating. What does it cost? Does it change the look? Can they do it with tires on the rims?

Ceramic coatings are the biggest thing in the detailing world at the moment. They have coatings for paint, wheels, glass, and even plastics trim. It is expensive but you can apply it with a little YouTube instruction. And yes you can apply it with tires mounted. As far as changing the look, yeah it makes your paint shine like crazy for years and resist scratches bird crap water spots and UV rays etc. If you get it done by a pro it will be expensive. I charge $200-$500 for a set of wheels depending on size condition etc etc.

Ceramic coatings are the biggest thing in the detailing world at the moment. They have coatings for paint, wheels, glass, and even plastics trim. It is expensive but you can apply it with a little YouTube instruction. And yes you can apply it with tires mounted. As far as changing the look, yeah it makes your paint shine like crazy for years and resist scratches bird crap water spots and UV rays etc. If you get it done by a pro it will be expensive. I charge $200-$500 for a set of wheels depending on size condition etc etc.

Thanks for the info. Is it a clear coating? So if you have any fine scratches in the black clear coat would it make themoney more visible or cover them up?

You would want to correct any imperfections before applying. It won't really cover them up or make them worse. It will just seal them in for a year or so. You always need to cleanse and correct your paint before application. And yes it is a clear coating. It's literally like applying an additional layer of clear coat that is 10x stronger than your actual clear coat

You would want to correct any imperfections before applying. It won't really cover them up or make them worse. It will just seal them in for a year or so. You always need to cleanse and correct your paint before application. And yes it is a clear coating. It's literally like applying an additional layer of clear coat that is 10x stronger than your actual clear coat

Thanks for the info

Archived