In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
HbSilvy81

silverado leveling kit & drop shackle PICS

no its because the drop shackle in the rear, i did that originally before i lifted it to get rid of the rear rake.....

Thanks Bud!

So what's the plan - draggin' rear like the '50's fad - or get rid of the shackles?

Wait until you do load or hook-up a trailer load.......

Edited by Krusty

no its because the drop shackle in the rear, i did that originally before i lifted it to get rid of the rear rake.....

Thanks Bud!

Bet your rise quality went south too.........

Bet your rise quality went south too.........

attachicon.gifs-l400.jpg

Not quite bud, still feels factory to me. Didn't mess with Ride quality what so ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what's the plan - draggin' rear like the '50's fad - or get rid of the shackles?

Wait until you do load or hook-up a trailer load.......

good thing i don't have to tow the toys with this.... that's what the RV is for ;) oh yea my RIDE quality is better then your spelling too RIDE not RISE.

good thing i don't have to tow the toys with this.... that's what the RV is for ;) oh yea my RIDE quality is better then your spelling too RIDE not RISE.

LOL - Freudian slip that applies..... It's your money - if you like the look - that's all that matters.......

MPG be damned......

Freud·i·an slip

ˌfroidēən ˈslip/

noun

noun: Freudian slip; plural noun: Freudian slips

an unintentional error regarded as revealing subconscious feelings.

Edited by Krusty
  • Like 1

I'm actually curious to know if you noticed any MPG difference with the leveling kit and lowering shackles. I got a 2014 regular cab, and I'm planning to do the same that you did to yours... btw I really like the look

I don't know about this thread, but i'll add input on the drop shackles. I lowered my rear with drop shackles. I think it dropped the rear 1.5"

I didn't notice any change at all in suspension or MPG's

The rear is still a little higher than the front, but closer to level than stock. 

FB5DF189-BC76-4CCC-80B3-1FBC77AB6A9B.thumb.jpeg.a4d3dc1153759c21915e912199f11988.jpeg

• Like 1

On 9/9/2019 at 3:01 PM, rah7777777 said:

I don't know about this thread, but i'll add input on the drop shackles. I lowered my rear with drop shackles. I think it dropped the rear 1.5"

I didn't notice any change at all in suspension or MPG's

The rear is still a little higher than the front, but closer to level than stock. 

FB5DF189-BC76-4CCC-80B3-1FBC77AB6A9B.thumb.jpeg.a4d3dc1153759c21915e912199f11988.jpeg

Which drop shackle kit did you use? I’ve looked at bell tech and Mcgaughys both say 1-2” drop. I like yours at 1.5