2014 and up guys with funky electrical issues.

Did it seem fixed after they replaced the BCM? I just got my truck back last week after having the BCM replaced....so far so good....just wasn't sure if I should go ahead and tear into mine to check the ground?

Only way to tell is when summer hits. Higher temps make the BCM heat up more. After I had my BCM replaced it fixed the issue for a month then it came back. Honestly I would check that ground. It doesn't take long to get to it.

Talking to a buddy that has a 2500, he said his started acting up the same way after he was messing with installing his new floor mats. Eventually found out that the ground wire runs down around the pedals....he probably bumped it while messing with his floor mats. Ironically I detailed my car and vacuumed the carpets the day before mine started acting up. Any idea if the ground wire runs down near the pedals where I could have tweeked it while vacuuming?

Talking to a buddy that has a 2500, he said his started acting up the same way after he was messing with installing his new floor mats. Eventually found out that the ground wire runs down around the pedals....he probably bumped it while messing with his floor mats. Ironically I detailed my car and vacuumed the carpets the day before mine started acting up. Any idea if the ground wire runs down near the pedals where I could have tweeked it while vacuuming?

On the 1500 it does not run near the pedals. It goes from the BCM straight up to the top of the dash

On the 1500 it does not run near the pedals. It goes from the BCM straight up to the top of the dash

Was told my truck "sent codes" that pointed straight to BCM.....could that truly be the only problem or should I go ahead and start looking at the ground?

Was told my truck "sent codes" that pointed straight to BCM.....could that truly be the only problem or should I go ahead and start looking at the ground?

Mine did the same thing. Communication errors with the BCM. Due to the voltage drop. Basically the BCM was turning on and off essentially.

So essentially this could be a problem with a every truck?

Essentially yes. Doesn't take to long to check it. I would look at it out if spite.
  • Thanks 1

I just checked my 2014 (build date June 2014), it looks like that material is already notched out around my ground. I never had any issues as described by the OP.