2014 and up guys with funky electrical issues.

On 6/11/2018 at 6:12 AM, Mcarlo24 said:

So the Dealer looked at it last Wednesday and said it was the battery... The #6 Cell was bad... I was kinda a happy with that answer... So I picked one up on the way Home and Man, they aren't cheap, $175 after getting $15 core charge back... I installed on Friday and so far so good... None of my 6 symptoms have occurred yet...

Having the exact same issues..... Did the G218 clean up bit..... Battery tested at an Auto Parts store said the battery was good.  Curious if your symptoms have come back.

On 12/7/2018 at 1:18 PM, 14SilverLTZTX said:

Having the exact same issues..... Did the G218 clean up bit..... Battery tested at an Auto Parts store said the battery was good.  Curious if your symptoms have come back.

Extremely happy to say that they have not returned.. I also had an auto parts store test it and said it's fine. The dealer tested it for a fee and said it was bad.. I am convinced its your battery..

Good Luck and keep us posted..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i have the same issues, just replaced the battery and didnt work,

tomorroq morning i will try this and i will post the results, great post!

PD autozone guy told me it was the battery, i replaced because i had the warranty didnt work and i went again they told me it should be the alternator. i have like a month already with the issues.

On 21/12/2018 at 11:22 PM, Ricardo Casas said:

Hi, i have the same issues, just replaced the battery and didnt work,

tomorroq morning i will try this and i will post the results, great post!

PD autozone guy told me it was the battery, i replaced because i had the warranty didnt work and i went again they told me it should be the alternator. i have like a month already with the issues.

I just did the ground fix, i went to check the battery and alternator both tested ok.

i will drive tonight to see if problem is gone 

• 1 month later...

Ok I just did this last night. I figured it couldn’t hurt. The rubber sound proofing was definitely clamped under the grounding cable washer. No issues this am, however, my issues with the dimming/flickering lights, and temporary loss of power steering when turning at a slow pace were pretty intermittent. My truck even shut completely off a few times when turning into a parking spot or a drive, I had to turn the key to restart. So hopefully this will help. This seemed like the same thing that happened back in late 2017 when GM issued the TSA Recall 17V-414. My dealer fixed it and I was good until about 2 months ago when it would intermittency do this again. I wouldn’t recommend taking it to your dealer unless you can have them climb in the truck with you when it is happening, otheriwise you’ll pay $117 for them to say that dimming/flickering lights are normal, bs. Their service manager must be busy because he was supposed to call me back 11 days ago regarding my concerns for safety. 

One other thing, I think everyone here has downplayed how difficult it is to reach/manipulate that bold and cut the soundproofing. If you have large hands it will be challenging

• 1 month later...

So this did not fix my issue. Drove it for a few weeks and the problems persisted, most notably a brief loss of power steering and all gauges when turn signal or brakes were initiated. Fortunately I wasn’t needing to make turns, just traveling straight at 75mph with my wife and child in the truck. When I got to my destination, I wiggled the battery cables, they did not budge, but when I restarted the truck to head home all the issues were gone. At home I cleaned all the battery connections thoroughly, although they were already clean and nuts were all tight. Have had no issues now for approx 3 weeks, not even the dimming lights. I’m skepical that this was my entire issue but time will tell. FYI, battery is only 1 year old

Edited by SixTwo Z71
  • Like 1

After washing my truck thoroughly 2 weeks ago, all these issues popped up on my 2017 silverado 1500 WT, 4X4 Crew cab. At first, it was intermittent and usually on a rough patch of highway. But the last week it was steady. I finally got to my service appointment 2 days ago. There were several communication errors between a bunch of sensors. My truck has 49000 miles, and was told none of it would be covered under warranty(complete and extended warranties were purchased). So i took it home and tried all these fixes,(I assume i still have a lot of wiring yet to check), but the issues are still there. Service stabiltrak, service trailer brake system, no cruise control, no TPMS, ABS light on, hit a bump and the power steering "grabs" for a split second. The only one of these fixes I didn't try yet was battery to ground cable replacement. Beginning tonight I will be tracing wires and ground points, so we shall see. I just wanted to share so maybe, someone watching these forums who may be taking note, realizes how far this problem goes. One of my coworkers had a couple sensor issues on his 2018 Chev 1500 LTZ he purchased in Nov/18 with only 3800 miles on it, but disappeared a couple days later and hasn't returned. It doesn't help that the 2 local GM dealerships in the area are not very helpful. ( whole slew of different stories on that topic lol)

• 3 weeks later...

Well sign me up. On the jobsite today, I pulled up to a storm pond the crew was working on, shut the engine off and spent about 5-6 minutes there. When I returned, truck started but no marker around the PRNDL. Then received a Stabiltrak warning and "drive at reduced speed". CEL also illuminated. Shut off and restarted. Gear marker returned but truck now in limp mode. Drove a short distance and shut down. Restarted and only CEL illuminated. Drove to another site a short distance away with truck still in limp mode.. Parked and completed what I came to originally do. Took about 30 minutes. Restarted and everything is clear, truck in normal mode. Code reader showing 0700 and 0073 codes. Plan to remove codes and see what's next. I did install a catch can last Saturday but I'm guessing I have a ground problem too.

• 2 weeks later...

All, 

I am experiencing all of these issues. One thing I’m experiencing along with the stabilitrak, the flickering lights and the cruise being kicked off with the turn signal is that my radio will flash on and off occasionally when I press the brake and some times when I use the turn signals as well. 

Initially I got the dampening material out from the ground and it stopped for a while. 

Then I scrubbed some of the paint off the ground and put a star washer on the ground as well as run an additional ground from g218 to the center ground behind the light sensor. 

The guy at advanced said my battery was fine and that it was pushing over 900 amps. 

These issues have have persisted all of these failed fixes. 

Would anyone have any idea what I could do next to fix this issue? 

I don’t want to have come to the part of trading in the truck, so I would like to fix it 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Tjbrande, I had those issues you have and the under dash grounding fix didn’t work for me. 

Try disconnecting and brushing all the battery connections with a wire brush or terminal cleaner. My connections all looked fine but I disconnected all the wires connected to the battery and cleaned them anyway, haven’t had any issues since. 

• 2 months later...