In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

sloz71

2014 and up guys with funky electrical issues.

I have 14 Silverado it's showing reduced control and traction on the dash, took it to the dealership and they claim they fixed the G218 but it's still doing the same shit. Help please 🙏

Same exact issue on my 2014 Chevy Silverado and took it in they said it could be one of 2 issues they had to do 1st one (500+$ ) if that doesn’t work another (500+$) it didn’t work 1st time and have been researching And came across a couple of posts about the G218 and now seeing this confirms its an easy fix if they would just listen !!! My truck freaks out and it can be a very dangerous situation and they need to have. Recall and know more about what they are doing and putting people through!! They need to make sure their vehicles are safe and reliable !! 

My 14' has all of the problematic symptoms everyone else is experiencing. Frightening experience to have when you have your wife and 1 year old in the truck. Luckily my parents were going away for the week on their vacation so I could borrow one of their cars while I had to wait to bring it into the dealership. The dealership ended up putting in a new negative battery cable, battery, power fuse block, and power cable ($800 later). Truck seems to be doing much better. Also I had my trailer brake switch unplugged because it was driving me nuts going off every 5 seconds. I ended up plugging that back in and haven't had an issue with it yet. Fingers crossed this resolves the issue. I hope GM issues a recall on this dangerous problem they are having with their vehicles. 

tony lester, did your truck have any more issues after this. fixing to try it on my 2014. having much same issues. 

Tony Lester, did you have any more issues or have to repair anything else after making this ground repair/Adjustment?

-Dan 

sloz71 did you have any more issues or have to repair anything else after making this ground repair/Adjustment?

Hey guys, 

I'm going to chime in on this one as well, but my symptoms are somewhat different.  I have joined another forum at gmtruckclub forum to hopefully find and get answers.  The full information can be found here.  https://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/threads/2014-silverado-1500-double-cab-5-3l-3-42-gears-p182e-p1915-p0700.1453776/

But let me at least tell you my symptoms (which isn't near as bad as some of the other poor guys on this forum has stated).  My is simply a p182e/0700  which in essence is the Internal Mode Switch attached to the TCM and stabilitrak errors.  These are VERY sporadic and do not appear to be heat sensitive.. Happens in the morning in the cool of the hours when first starting the truck or not happen for days at at time.  The Internal Mode Switch has been replaced at least 3 times in the past year so the same shop is now looking into that little electrical gremlin.  ;).   If you read that post above, that will explain everything i have encountered.  BUT I am going to look at and even try to make the connections better on those 2 -  G218 ground post in the dash this weekend.  I will keep monitoring this thread and posting back my replies in both locations if I feel the information is helpful and relevant.  I seriously hope you guys find your gremlin and get it fixed.  I know I'm ready for mine to be fixed although mine is a lot more tolerable and not near as severe as some of you other guys.