2017 GMC Sierra 1500: Surge, Hesitation, Chuggle, Misfire, Feeling wit

Yes! I feel like my 2017 Silverado 1500 is doing the same thing! I happen to work in the service department at a Chevy dealership and one the technicians told me he would try to hook my truck up and scan for any codes; they haven't yet but they did take it for a test drive and agreed it didn't feel normal.

I asked the dealer to check out the TSB listed earlier in this thread when I dropped off the truck today for its 5000 mile service, as mine has also exhibited the light-throttle chugging without downshifting. When I picked up the truck, I was told that a programming update was done for both this TSB and for an Apple Carplay update. I didn't notice any of the drive-ability issues on the ride home, so the update seems to have done the trick.

I asked the dealer to check out the TSB listed earlier in this thread when I dropped off the truck today for its 5000 mile service, as mine has also exhibited the light-throttle chugging without downshifting. When I picked up the truck, I was told that a programming update was done for both this TSB and for an Apple Carplay update. I didn't notice any of the drive-ability issues on the ride home, so the update seems to have done the trick.

after you drive it some more, let us know if its taken care of, or not...

I'm off for another 2 1/2 weeks, so I may stop at a dealer here in Pa. to see if they've got the update and can take care of it.

This is the newest version of the service bulletin you have, hope it helps in your case! It looks like they need to do a reprogramming on the control solenoid valve and transmission control module assembly. I'm going to have them do this to my truck today, I'll let you know if it helps or not.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/gallery/image/19651-bulletin1/

Edited by ShelbyAlexa

I just purchased a 17 Silverado that I notice the same things on. The truck runs fine until you start up a small incline. As soon as there is a bit of a load, it acts like a miss or hesitation. If you jump on the gas, the problem goes away.

mine to its just when u hit the go peddle bucks like a mule.almost got ass ended twice because of it...guess i better take mine in for service when i get back..this sucks...scott

Here is the New update for this TSB.

The GMC attorney sent it to me.

I called my dealer to have them do the TSB however GMC told dealer not to do it because I have a Lemon Law arbitration hearing 2 weeks from today.

GMC told my dealership not to contact me in anyway and do not fix my truck?

Are u kidding me? If the fix works then I can avoid the Lemon Law hearing.

So I dropped my truck off today at another dealership to see if they can perform the fix.

Had the fix done today…Drove home tonight…Guess what? It didn’t work at all…

Well good thing I still have my arbitration Lemon Law hearing.

I was hoping the new fix by GM would work so I could drop the arbitration hearing.

I am so upset…………Why would GM even tell my original dealership not to fix my truck

with there so called new TSB fix?