2017 GMC Sierra 1500: Surge, Hesitation, Chuggle, Misfire, Feeling wit

My truck is also gutless, vibrates and generally runs like shit. 2016 silverado 5.3 2 wheel drive.

I dropped my truck off today at another dealership to see if they can perform the fix.

Had the fix done today…Drove home tonight…Guess what? It didn’t work at all…

.02....Oh that's a great idea! Get a custom tune which will invalidate the warranty and just give GM the excuse they need to tell you to disappear altogether.

I was and am just desperate to have this truck run well...I don't want to void the warranty but then again if GM cant fix it what else can I do.

I dropped my truck off today at another dealership to see if they can perform the fix.

I have an arbitration hearing with GM in 2 weeks.

Truck Does Not Run Right...Tachometer Bounces...Hesitation from the start...Going up hills is Jumpy...Skips and Bucks, Feels like truck is Misfiring...Transmission shifts are consistently Rough and Random... :ughdance:

Dealership confirmed the problem after test driving and they then found TSB #PIP5457C: Surge hesitation Chuggle Misfire Feeling With A Light Tip In - (Feb 10, 2017) which they believe match's the problem. :dunno:

The Dealership says GMC is aware of this (TSB #PIP5457C) the cause is unknown at this time. Do Not Know How Long It Could Take To Get A Fix. :nonod:

I called GMC customer assistance and requested a replacement or buyback they opened up a case number for me.

They next day GMC customer assistance denied any kind of replacement, trade assistance, or buy back. Closed my case because they do not know what the cause is at this time and do not have a fix for the problem.

I was told I must drive the truck (AS IS) until such time a fix is available. They also encouraged me to exercise the Lemon Laws in my state if I wished to pursue a replacement or a buy back. :bs:

Extremely unhappy with my first GMC Truck and that's a shame because it’s a beautiful truck It just happens to be a Lemon that runs like Crap... :banghead:

Just keep driving (AS IS) is not what I paid for...I hope someone else has any insight to how to fix this problem. I hope others will post there concerns as well so we can get these trucks fixed or replaced... :flag:

The GMC attorney sent me the new update fix for this TSB.

I called my dealer to have them do the TSB however GMC told dealer not to do it because I have a Lemon Law arbitration hearing 2 weeks from today.

GMC told my dealership not to contact me in anyway and do not fix my truck?

Are u kidding me? If the fix works then I can avoid the Lemon Law hearing.

I'm dropping my truck off today at another dealership to see if they can perform the fix. I hope the other dealership can do it and it fixes the problem.

Well good thing I still have my arbitration Lemon Law hearing.

I was hoping the new fix by GM would work so I could drop the arbitration hearing.

I am so upset…………

Here is the TSB #PIP5457C

attachicon.gifTSB _ PIP5457C _Feb_10_2017.pdf

Have you phoned GM yourself? Check your manual for customer support information. Do not try to fix this malfunction yourself. Be patient, calm and persistent! Check with your service adviser regularly and share your concerns with the management at your dealership.

The new GM fix did nothing for my truck.

.02....Oh that's a great idea! Get a custom tune which will invalidate the warranty and just give GM the excuse they need to tell you to disappear altogether.

Just looking for options as the GM fix did not work.

A fix will come and it will be fine. Probably just a tuning issue. I notice the same thing with mine. I just have to get on the accelerator a little more. I am not too worried. GMC will come up with a fix and it will probably be a simple tuning issue that will be addressed as a re-call. A simple day in the shop re-flash once they start rolling it out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The fix came and had it done today...but it didn't fix a thing.

The GM fix did not fix my truck. I am desperate to have this truck run right.

I noticed the same thing with mine. Its not terrible but its certainly not great. Getting on the gas a bit harder does seem to help. Ive been waiting for a recall or a known fix.

after you drive it some more, let us know if its taken care of, or not...

I'm off for another 2 1/2 weeks, so I may stop at a dealer here in Pa. to see if they've got the update and can take care of it.

Yes! I feel like my 2017 Silverado 1500 is doing the same thing! I happen to work in the service department at a Chevy dealership and one the technicians told me he would try to hook my truck up and scan for any codes; they haven't yet but they did take it for a test drive and agreed it didn't feel normal.

Sucks, that they have been unwilling, you would think that they would want to try!....

Best of luck with the arbitration, I hope you get a positive outcome! Keep us posted please.

I called my dealer to have them do the TSB however GMC told dealer not to do it because I have a Lemon Law arbitration hearing 2 weeks from today.

I'm dropping my truck off today at another dealership to see if they can perform the fix. I hope the other dealership can do it and it fixes the problem.

I was hoping the new fix by GM would work so I could drop the arbitration hearing.

I am so upset…………

Have you phoned GM yourself? Check your manual for customer support information. Do not try to fix this malfunction yourself. Be patient, calm and persistent! Check with your service adviser regularly and share your concerns with the management at your dealership.

I am so upset…………

I asked the dealer to check out the TSB listed earlier in this thread when I dropped off the truck today for its 5000 mile service, as mine has also exhibited the light-throttle chugging without downshifting. When I picked up the truck, I was told that a programming update was done for both this TSB and for an Apple Carplay update. I didn't notice any of the drive-ability issues on the ride home, so the update seems to have done the trick.

Get the range AFM disabler. It will help with the chug and hesitation

I wish that was all I needed. This problem is much more than the AFM.

But otherwise I agree with using a AFM disabler.