2017 GMC Sierra 1500: Surge, Hesitation, Chuggle, Misfire, Feeling wit

Perhaps I should just do a Diablo Custom tune or Black Bear tune. Got an email back from dealership today they heard back from GM and were told to tell me drive in Tow mode and see if that's better/ No it was not better. They then said they had no ETA on when they would have a fix could be several months or longer? If GM is involved not sure if it would be worth going to another dealer for help. That's why I thought perhaps a custom tune from Diablo or Black Bear might be a way to go? Any thoughts or ideas would be great? :sick:

.02....Oh that's a great idea! Get a custom tune which will invalidate the warranty and just give GM the excuse they need to tell you to disappear altogether.

• Like 1

Have you phoned GM yourself? Check your manual for customer support information. Do not try to fix this malfunction yourself. Be patient, calm and persistent! Check with your service adviser regularly and share your concerns with the management at your dealership.

I would agree 100% but now that GM is involved would another dealer even be worth it? GM has no ETA on a fix for this truck said it could take 3 months or longer. But like yourself I asked them to check the plugs, wires torque converter and AFM or transmission. They told me none of theses things would fix it because I have no service lights showing up? :bs:

Some dealers have excellent mechanics, some are not so good. And most have a combination of both working for them. There are those that have forgotten how to do mechanic/ troubleshooting if the "light" doesn't tell them what to look for. Heck it could be a bad components as far as one of the many "computers" on board that talk to each other....I guess what I'm saying is you need to try to find a great diagnostics GM dealer near you that will do something "without it having a code" make some phone calls to other local GM shops and tell them what's going on, see if they are receptive. Also check the satisfied reviews on your current dealership and next potential one.

(And make sure to fill those satisfaction surveys out correctly when you have work done. The next person you help might be you!)

Keep us updated please!

Edited by Sldhead700

A fix will come and it will be fine. Probably just a tuning issue. I notice the same thing with mine. I just have to get on the accelerator a little more. I am not too worried. GMC will come up with a fix and it will probably be a simple tuning issue that will be addressed as a re-call. A simple day in the shop re-flash once they start rolling it out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would park it in front of one of the bay doors and keep the keys in my pocket. Sooner or later somebody is going to call. They are not allowed to copy your key without your approval. Leave it in 4X4 with park brake on just to give the tow truck a hard time. Maybe they'll get the message. I find walking in the manager's office screaming an yelling when the waiting room is full works pretty good too if you don't mind looking like an idiot for 10 seconds. Then all of a sudden they find all these good will forms.

Edited by Coby7

I noticed the same thing with mine. Its not terrible but its certainly not great. Getting on the gas a bit harder does seem to help. Ive been waiting for a recall or a known fix.

Well since GMC or Dealership can not help me with my POS brand new truck,

I am taking GMC's Customers Assistance advice of utilizing my States Lemon Law Arbitration process.

March 30, 2017 is my Arbitration hearing for my Lemon Law case.

GMC or Dealership should have done the right thing from the beginning.

It should not have gotten to this point.

Not impressed with My First GMC truck or with GMC customer service and of course the Dealership.

So sad GMC can't take care of there customers.

I hope my States Lemon Law Arbitration process can put an end to this terrible experience.

Perhaps I should just do a Diablo Custom tune or Black Bear tune. Got an email back from dealership today they heard back from GM and were told to tell me drive in Tow mode and see if that's better/ No it was not better. They then said they had no ETA on when they would have a fix could be several months or longer? If GM is involved not sure if it would be worth going to another dealer for help. That's why I thought perhaps a custom tune from Diablo or Black Bear might be a way to go? Any thoughts or ideas would be great? :sick:

Personally I would not tune it and give them a reason to blame poor performance on something you did if it persists through the tune. Sorry for your luck, hope it gets taken care of cause these trucks are fun to drive!

• Like 1