2017 GMC Sierra 1500: Surge, Hesitation, Chuggle, Misfire, Feeling wit

Had the fix done today…Drove home tonight…Guess what? It didn’t work at all…

Had the fix done today…Drove home tonight…Guess what? It didn’t work at all…

I'm sorry, mine drives way better now that I had the reprogramming done. I hope you get this resolved!

• Like 2

I have a feeling there will be several updates to the update. Once they get one that actually fixes the problem there will probably be a customer satifaction recall for all 2017 trucks affected. Kinda like what they did with the '14-'15 trucks with the transfercase problems.

I have a feeling there will be several updates to the update. Once they get one that actually fixes the problem there will probably be a customer satifaction recall for all 2017 trucks affected. Kinda like what they did with the '14-'15 trucks with the transfercase problems.

agree...

Is this something that anyone with this model should get done? I can't tell if I have the issue or if it is just in my head because of this thread!?!

youll notice it...

I think because of the hills, here in Pa., I notice it more...

when I start pulling a hill, or go around an uphill curve, it feels like a cylinder misfires, stumbles to me...or if I make a turn, the trans should have downshifted, and it didn't...

How many times do you need to post that the TSB didn't work for you?

GM told the dealer not to touch your truck because you immediately ran to litigation. That's how litigation works; once it has started, the two parties are to have no contact.

• Like 1

How many times do you need to post that the TSB didn't work for you?

GM told the dealer not to touch your truck because you immediately ran to litigation. That's how litigation works; once it has started, the two parties are to have no contact.

Lol he shoulda just bought the 6.2 [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this something that anyone with this model should get done? I can't tell if I have the issue or if it is just in my head because of this thread!?!

Well the first step in that service bulletin is for the technician to test drive and verify your concern, it couldnt hurt to have someone see just to be safe. Personally I would think you'd notice if you did, mine wasn't just obvious to me but other passengers in my truck didn't think it was normal either.

I can't tell if I have the issue or if it is just in my head because of this thread!?!

You and your truck are just fine.

Most people wouldn't notice if there was a lawn gnome glued to the hood of their truck, but all of the sudden everyone's a freakin drive-ability expert.

Truck Not Running Right...Tachometer Bounces 100-200...Hesitation from the start...Going up hills is Jumpy...Skips and Bucks, Feels like truck is Misfiring...Transmission shifts are inconsistent Rough and Random... :ughdance:

Dealership confirmed the problem after test driving they then found TSB #PIP5457C: Surge hesitation Chuggle Misfire Feeling With A Light Tip In - (Feb 10, 2017) which they believe match's the problem. :dunno:

GMC is aware of these problems is unknown at this time.

I called GMC customer assistance and requested a replacement or buyback they opened up a case number for me.

They next day GMC customer assistance denied any kind of replacement, trade assistance, or buy back. Closed my case because they do know about the problems but do not know what the cause is and therefore they do not have a fix.

I was told by GMC customer assistance must drive the truck (AS IS) They also encouraged me to exercise the Lemon Laws in my state if I wished to pursue a replacement or a buy back.

Extremely unhappy with my first GMC Truck and that's a shame because it’s a beautiful truck It just happen to have me be a Lemon that runs like Crap... :banghead:

Driving (AS IS) is not what I paid for...I hope others have more insight how to fix these problems.

I hope others will post there concerns as well...so we can get these trucks fixed, replaced or GM comes out with a recall for these issues... :flag: