2017 HD Hood Conversion

On 4/14/2018 at 1:17 PM, Elite Rod & Custom said:

Thanks 14GMC14 for sharing all of the info and the pics!

I have a customer with a 2016 Yukon XL Denali that we supercharged last year & he wants to do this hood swap, but anybody know if the 2500HD hood dimensionally will fit onto the 2016 Yukon Denali?...or are we looking at a slice & dice to morph the two together?

So far the dealers and other sources have been a lot of no-help and just hoping to figure it out without having to actually get in a hood to physically check....Thanks in advance!

I am fairly certain that the hoods are completely different. You'd probably be better off grabbing another stock Yukon hood and do custom work on that to add the vent (whether the OE HD truck vent or an aftermarket).

On 4/11/2018 at 6:58 PM, JohnnyCruz said:

Almost done; I received this picture today from the shop. I'll take more pictures once I pick it up. 

Did the shop try and fit the hood on the 14-15 front end to see how the fitment would be? 

• 2 weeks later...
My 15 Silverado (non Diesel) looks great with this hood. I went non chrome grill
138.thumb.jpg.6adb2cb7982d0719a5f5fddacfb5b09d.jpg

Prob already answered but I have a 15 6.6. Was that a straight bolt over? Did u do the air box as well?

2015 2500hd LTZ z71 silverado

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a direct bolt on. I already had a K&N Filter Cold Air Kit installed. I did install the hood with all the duct work. I had no clearance problems. I have a supercharger installed so the top of the engine is a little lower, but it was not difficult task no fitment issues.142.thumb.jpg.b44c45ced5b6b8b0a26e1d19fc2bf8c2.jpg021.thumb.jpg.99ca966d5e94eea51ff5159ca38827c5.jpg