2017 HD Hood Conversion

have all the parts and hardware to convert my 2015 Chevy Duramax 2500HD with the new hood , next step  paint job!!  the air cleaner box will be a problem, the new 2017 air cleaner box assembly will not fit??? any ideas from someone..

I definitely like this look. So if I am reading this right, for a 17 ltz 1500, all I need is the hood and it bolts in place no problem? Or is there a few trim pieces I should add to finish it up?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hmm more random thoughts. Since I have the 5.3 not the Duramax, I wonder if I could just block off the fender intake on the HD airbox and pull all my air from the scoop. Anyone do this and check to see if MAP drops by anything? Not sure what the hood can move in terms of CFM.

2 hours ago, hizzo3 said:

Hmm more random thoughts. Since I have the 5.3 not the Duramax, I wonder if I could just block off the fender intake on the HD airbox and pull all my air from the scoop. Anyone do this and check to see if MAP drops by anything? Not sure what the hood can move in terms of CFM.

Hey hizzo did u get the full HD front end to do the swap?

Hey hizzo did u get the full HD front end to do the swap?

I haven't ordered parts yet. Still waiting to hear if it's a direct swap or if I have to order a bunch of other stuff to get it to line up. From pics, it almost seems like the hood alone is a direct swap from a 2500 to a 1500. But I haven't seen one side by side.

I haven't ordered parts yet. Still waiting to hear if it's a direct swap or if I have to order a bunch of other stuff to get it to line up. From pics, it almost seems like the hood alone is a direct swap from a 2500 to a 1500. But I haven't seen one side by side. 

Hood is not a direct swap from a 2500 to 1500 Silverado. See post 38 for an idea of what you would need. Basically a front end swap.

• 2 weeks later...