2017 HD Hood Conversion

I mainly did it just for looks but I am sure it should help the engine get more air and more power. I don't have any pictures of mine from under the hood but this is what it looks like under the insulator.

5df0956700dd4cf1c36c158ea3539e4b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typical GM fashion. Route it the longest way possible and use the most plastic! Lol. The air cleaners on the NBS trucks were ridiculous.

• Like 2

Typical GM fashion. Route it the longest way possible and use the most plastic! Lol. The air cleaners on the NBS trucks were ridiculous.

It looks like they eventually routed it to the side with the air box but needed to go to the other side to find space for a water trap

I applaud 14GMC14 for taking this step, that I imagine few have thought of doing but no one has completed or posted on here yet till now. But like MyFavTruck asks, and hasn't been answered yet, can the hood be delivered painted already? I kinda presume yes, as 14GMC14 doesn't itemize labor and paint for the hood.

Can you order the hood pre-painted to the factory color?

I don't think they offer them pre painted I ordered mine at my local dealership and that was the only part number that was offered.

I applaud 14GMC14 for taking this step, that I imagine few have thought of doing but no one has completed or posted on here yet till now. But like MyFavTruck asks, and hasn't been answered yet, can the hood be delivered painted already? I kinda presume yes, as 14GMC14 doesn't itemize labor and paint for the hood.

Thank you. The worst part was getting all of the correct parts that I needed. The people at the parts department aren't very helpful at my local dealership. The hood comes ready to be paint so I guess paint depends on where you go and how much they charge. I payed $400 for mine. As far as labor goes I ended up installing it myself. Was really easy to do just a couple of screws for the hinges and springs.

Edited by 14GMC14

Don't think the conversion will work for the 16/17 Chevy's. Grilles and hoods are entirely different.

Correct.. only the 14-15 silverado can put the the hood... but you need the lights and bumper to complete the swap.... but I have something up my sleeve.. wink wink

• Like 1

It's funny, I work at a dealership and wanted to do the same thing to my 17 as I love the look of the new 2500 hoods but we had no idea if they would fit. We were hoping to get spare hood in at some point and I'd try it to see if it would fit but now that it does, I'm gonna go ahead and do it.

Thanks for the part numbers OP! Though that hood for me in Canada at my cost is 860$ lol urgh.