2017 HD Hood Conversion

Ok here are the rest of the parts you will need and the part numbers.

The springs : 84171187 and 184171188 the also come in black and are a bit smaller, same part number, either ones you get will work

4VcMzX.jpg

The duct retainer clips and screws

k2L7IG.jpg

oQr0Rp.jpg

Edited by TheGovernment
  • Like 1

Will this fit on a '15 Sierra? I have the carbon fiber edition; would I be able to install the graphic on this hood?

My factory hood suffered hail damage last year and it's a lot so this would actually serve a purpose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will the carbon fiber graphic fit on it? Is there even a way to order the graphic separately? It's the main feature of why I bought my Sierra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd have to go to a wrap shop and get them to custom make you one.

Will the carbon fiber graphic fit on it? Is there even a way to order the graphic separately? It's the main feature of why I bought my Sierra.

Yes, your local parts dept can order them using your vin

Edited by CBRAGA

The springs : 84171187 and 184171188 the also come in black and are a bit smaller, same part number, either ones you get will work

4VcMzX.jpg

The duct retainer clips and screws

k2L7IG.jpg

oQr0Rp.jpg

Thank you for the information. I will update the first post once I have more time.

Do they have the same graphics for a 2500 hood?

Only if GM made the carbon fiber edition for the 2500. Im sure you could make the 1500 work for it, obviously need to tweak for the air inlet on 2500. There may be an aftermarket company making replica stickers also

4VcMzX.jpg

Did they change the engine bay/battery location on the new trucks or is this a 2500? Edited by sierraguy2015

Did they change the engine bay/battery location on the new trucks or is this a 2500?

That's a pic of a 2500s springs from factory on one that was in the shop. Just showing them so people don't wonder wft if they get a set that color. The actual springs are quite a bit bigger than the second set of replacement ones we had in the parts room. The ones I ordered were the same gold color but you may also get a factory set with the same sized black springs as a 1500 but with a long bracket.

Edited by TheGovernment

Just wrap it yourself and use knife less tape. It should be very straight forward. Allows for customization and will save you money