Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2017 HD Hood Conversion


Recommended Posts

On 4/5/2019 at 3:23 PM, Mikegriff01 said:

This is how I ended up doing the air box

20190405_171500.jpg

Old thread, I know...this thread and mod is worth its resurrection.

 

Dude, it looks like you bridged the gap with a rag. What the hell is that?

 

Nice truck btw ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
On 3/11/2017 at 10:07 AM, 14GMC14 said:

I mainly did it just for looks but I am sure it should help the engine get more air and more power. I don't have any pictures of mine from under the hood but this is what it looks like under the insulator.

 

5df0956700dd4cf1c36c158ea3539e4b.jpg

 

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know what those bolts bolt into? I thought I had everything and I see there’s nothing to fasten the bolt into. I took a picture from my install and circled them red.  Please help!! 🙏😅😅

33EB3585-7EC3-428A-9409-BECD7ABB80D7.jpeg

978E02BD-39AD-4506-82EB-49DFC1B84F8E.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/5/2019 at 12:30 PM, Mikegriff01 said:

You wont need the grill or the bumper. You'll need the hood and the hinges and springs at the bare minimum.  The intake duct work, the hood vent, all of the clips associated with it. I dont have my parts list but lots of guys on here do.

 

On 4/5/2019 at 3:23 PM, Mikegriff01 said:

This is how I ended up doing the air box

20190405_171500.jpg

I have some questions on the intake install. Do you have Instagram or something that I can connect with you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 7:27 PM, NickGMC said:

Do you know what those bolts bolt into? I thought I had everything and I see there’s nothing to fasten the bolt into. I took a picture from my install and circled them red.  Please help!! 🙏😅😅

33EB3585-7EC3-428A-9409-BECD7ABB80D7.jpeg

978E02BD-39AD-4506-82EB-49DFC1B84F8E.jpeg

I’m having the same issue go to advance or any parts store and get the license plate kit it comes with clips that go into the hood where the holes are and the bolts that attach to it you will also need to get some washers for it to hold the bolt in 

 

On 6/3/2021 at 7:27 PM, NickGMC said:

Do you know what those bolts bolt into? I thought I had everything and I see there’s nothing to fasten the bolt into. I took a picture from my install and circled them red.  Please help!! 🙏😅😅

33EB3585-7EC3-428A-9409-BECD7ABB80D7.jpeg

978E02BD-39AD-4506-82EB-49DFC1B84F8E.jpeg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I am in the same boat. I ordered the parts (or in some cases the replacement parts as some have been replaced by GM) from the original post. The online GM parts store I ordered them from didn't send the (6) Insulator Retainer Part Number: 11571159 which I think are push in plastic retainers for attaching the underhood insulation pad. However I need (8) of them if this is correct. Also I have nothing to go in the square holes nore the bolts to mount the underhood air duct to whatever goes in these square holes. I think they are supposed to be (8) metal clip but can anyone confirm? I don't trust the plastic license plate pop-ins given the amount of weight and that it's suspended. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 11:39 AM, stoltz423 said:

I am in the same boat. I ordered the parts (or in some cases the replacement parts as some have been replaced by GM) from the original post. The online GM parts store I ordered them from didn't send the (6) Insulator Retainer Part Number: 11571159 which I think are push in plastic retainers for attaching the underhood insulation pad. However I need (8) of them if this is correct. Also I have nothing to go in the square holes nore the bolts to mount the underhood air duct to whatever goes in these square holes. I think they are supposed to be (8) metal clip but can anyone confirm? I don't trust the plastic license plate pop-ins given the amount of weight and that it's suspended. 

I think I found the correct part, part number is 11547582

AC9040C3-BFBB-4380-835E-DB18852A785E.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 3/10/2017 at 3:41 PM, 14GMC14 said:

Just finished my HD hood install on my 2016 GMC And I would like to share the part numbers and information for anyone that would like to do the same. This should be the same for 2014 and up. For Silverados

I think the same parts are required just different part numbers.

 

Parts:

 

Nut

Part Number: 11546860 $2.31 × 4 $9.24

Assist Spring, RIGHT

Part Number: 23258272 $17.24 × 1 $17.24

Insulator Retainer

Part Number: 11571159 $2.84 × 6 $17.04

Insulator

Part Number: 84101780 $63.22 × 1 $63.22

Duct

Part Number: 84167144 $211.30 × 1 $211.30

Hood

Part Number: 84152916 $385.56 × 1 $385.56

Vent

Part Number: 84183578 $105.49 × 1 $105.49

Spring

Part Number: 23258271 $17.79 × 1 $17.79

Hinge

Part Number: 84097791 $27.83 × 1 $27.83

Hinge

Part Number: 84097792 $27.83 × 1 $27.83

* Subtotal Amount: $882.54

 

Prices based on GMDirect

 

77f5e9c15fcbb26be969297d4caa696a.jpg

1c4837398d2100538d5526c2448ce41f.jpg

55d2f8ab9104f2e7d49de69fce001d71.jpg

73138f795e76890139fd288fba3fd813.jpg

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several years has gone by about this swap and this conversation is too long to read lol. Simply, are any of these part numbers current to any online gm part website OR/AND if any of these parts list are excluded for 2014 GMC Sierra 1500. I'm looking for a pre painted black hood and chrome vent, but cant seem to find it in the descriptions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.