Is OnStar worth the money?

I pay $10 a month for the protection plan. Call them up and haggle them for a deal.

I used it once when a guy ran a stop sign in front of me and flew over a curb into a fence. Hit the SOS button and the lady got the police on the line and knew exactly where I was at. Which was good because I didn't haha (moved to a new area).It was really awesome and made me glad I had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I do is use my free basic plan plan which is for 5 years they now allow you to add theft/recovery to that plan for 5 $ a month and tell you insurance company you have theft /recovery through onstar and get a insurance discount

For me it's not. I have 4 more years of the basic... which is basically the app... the only thing I pay for is 20 bucks a month for unlimited 4g hotspot .... well worth the money IMO

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Pretty ridiculous I can't get that unlimited data in Canada... :nopity:

you might check with your insurance to see if you get a discount using onstar smart driving diagnostics. you maybe able to offset some of the subscription costs with an insurance discount.

What I do is use my free basic plan plan which is for 5 years they now allow you to add theft/recovery to that plan for 5 $ a month and tell you insurance company you have theft /recovery through onstar and get a insurance discount

who is your insurance provider? That is a good idea.

who is your insurance provider? That is a good idea.[/quote

I have Arabella i just send an email to my agent from my monthly diagnostics from onstar also for the 5$ security, onstar can send a text alert or call you if your alarm goes off

I pay $10 a month for the protection plan. Call them up and haggle them for a deal.

I used it once when a guy ran a stop sign in front of me and flew over a curb into a fence. Hit the SOS button and the lady got the police on the line and knew exactly where I was at. Which was good because I didn't haha (moved to a new area).It was really awesome and made me glad I had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that tells me right there that the US customers get a better deal than us Canadians. When I had it I just had basic and I paid more than $10.00 a month! More like $40.00.