Nasty's 2016 RC Build AKA la bonbon

Nasty

4 minutes ago, Nasty said:

rThat was a choice me and atomic came up with.  Viking said the front end of a regular cab v8 needs 630lbs to feel stock.   The spring is chosen for what you want to do.  500 for drag racing up 10 950 or 1000 for say if you were to road race. I wanted a. It stiffer than stock but not to stiff because the coilover is double adjustable to I could stiffen it up a little. So 750 ish was a nice median

Interesting. My 6 cylinder RCSB with King coil overs is fitted with 700# springs. I had no idea and could find no one willing to tell me what stock was. Nice to have a ball park number. I'll feel less apprehensive about ordering their 600# spring.  That's a big help brother. Love your truck and waiting to see your install. Happy Hemi Hunting. :thumbs:  

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Interesting. My 6 cylinder RCSB with King coil overs is fitted with 700# springs. I had no idea and could find no one willing to tell me what stock was. Nice to have a ball park number. I'll feel less apprehensive about ordering their 600# spring.  That's a big help brother. Love your truck and waiting to see your install. Happy Hemi Hunting. :thumbs:  

You should be ok with 600lb but it will be very soft.  I do suggest getting double adjustables to dial it in.  The atomic brackets, and coilovers were 800 shipped.  Can't beat that.  

By the way I hunted a twin turbo f150 with 2 stock turbos up to 3rd gear.  I need a supercharger and he won't have a chance :)

Edited by Nasty
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I'm pretty invested in these King's but find this information priceless. Would love to know what the factory spring rates were though. No idea why they think it should be such a big secret. 

Chevy is exactly the most awesome. Like why did they out 3 different spindle types in a k2 truck.  

I also bought a set of qa1 single adjstable shocks off a member today.   So hopefully those help me as well

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nasty said:

Chevy is exactly the most awesome. Like why did they out 3 different spindle types in a k2 truck.  

I also bought a set of qa1 single adjstable shocks off a member today.   So hopefully those help me as well

Truthfully I didn't know anything about Viking until after I bought and installed the Kings. That said I am not disappointed. I'm in the tuning phase presently. Are the Viking re-buildable? 

6 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Truthfully I didn't know anything about Viking until after I bought and installed the Kings. That said I am not disappointed. I'm in the tuning phase presently. Are the Viking re-buildable? 

I'm pretty sure they are.  I know you can get custom valving so they should be 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I had Pepper out and about today. Been about three weeks so it was like fresh eyes. Nasty you have me convinced. I'll keep the 700# springs and continue to work N2 and shims. Thanks for the help. 

What did I convince you in? I'm lost

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, lovelessjl said:

Really interested to hear your thoughts on the socks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'll give a review when the truck is rolling. It doesn't have a driveshaft yet

• Like 2