Morimoto XB Fog Light group buy

Hopefully I'm not hijacking the thread but just curious. I'm probably much more likely to just get the LED fogs from TRS (it's actually in the cart, with payment info and ready to submit) but I happened to stumble upon this looking at some install instructions.

These are actually HID for $150. Is there an advantage to the HID? The review shows the Diode Dynamics to have a wider spread but slightly smaller beam thickness.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/store/2007-2012-gmc-sierra-fog-light-hid-conversion-kit

The ones we are buying as a group are led, normally sell for 200. Quick Google search you'll find morimoto is highly regarded for their optics. Many will claim they are the best of the best. I can't speak from experience but when I can get such a deep discount from what just about everyone considers the best I jumped on it. Choose wisely and Google Google Google b4 you do.

I don't know anything about the DD. I do know that a bunch of people jumped on a huge group buy towards the end of last year on the XB. It seems to be the go-to aftermarket LED fog light and most widely used. With that alone, I didn't need to do very much homework. Additionally, I had the Morimoto HID headlights before I converted over to the full LED Headlights and I never had one issue in the 2 years I ran them.

I don't know anything about the DD. I do know that a bunch of people jumped on a huge group buy towards the end of last year on the XB. It seems to be the go-to aftermarket LED fog light and most widely used. With that alone, I didn't need to do very much homework. Additionally, I had the Morimoto HID headlights before I converted over to the full LED Headlights and I never had one issue in the 2 years I ran them.

Not to jump off topic too far but I'm trying to figure out hid/led for headlights. Looks like you have had both. Which led you running? What's your opinion on vision light output comparison etc?

Bandit the fog lights are actually LEDs like others have stated. If you search on Youtube, Fondupot a member on this forum, posted a very helpful install video. The performance on these fogs is quite good from what I have read and that combined with the 10 year warranty and price buying them is a no brainer.

I decided to go with the TRS, since its what I've been looking at for a long time anyway. Didn't really want to deal with where to put more ballasts anyway! OP, let us know if you come up with anything on the HID headlight kit and I'll do that too!

• Like 1

I decided to go with the TRS, since its what I've been looking at for a long time anyway. Didn't really want to deal with where to put more ballasts anyway! OP, let us know if you come up with anything on the HID headlight kit and I'll do that too!

I'm confused did you join the group buy? Because the ones we are getting are clearly stated LED as easily found with any Google research are plug and play easy seamless install no ballast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

He was on the list. :).

I think he was just trying to weigh his options.

Yep I bought the TRS fog lights. The Diode Dynamic fog lights are HID's with ballasts and harnesses and I didn't really want to deal with that. Pretty much why I still don't have the Morimoto HID kit because of the install. Decided it was best I didn't add an HID project to my list when I still haven't done the headlights. Lol. Thanks for the GroupBuy Horacio!
  • Like 1

I'm spearheading a group buy for the Morimoto XB fog lights. It's open to Silverado and Sierra owners alike. I currently have 8 commitments and looking for more. If we get 15 buyers, it's 15% off the street price of $200 and 20 buyers gets us 20% off with free shipping on both tier levels. Feel free to jump on board by responding to this thread.

Thanks

Tim

Thanks for your efforts Tim. Looking forward to putting these on!

Guys

Those of you that committed to the group buy, please follow through with your commitment. As of 1:30 PST, The Retrofit Source is reporting only 12 sales of the 28 takers in roughly over 24 hours of the deal being live. I don't want to jeapordize any future group buys with this company that someone else may take up in the future.

Thank you. :)

• Like 1

Thanks just placed my order. Now I need to get tail and head lights

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

i got the Silverado 14+ morimoto elite kit for projectors(low beams)

2015 1500 LT Silverado Midnight Edition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk