Morimoto XB Fog Light group buy

Is the group buy still going on? Are they worth the price?

Yes until end of the month. Absolutely they direct the light quite well compared to OE. Wouldn't say the light output is 4-5 times better than OE but 2-3 for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit for quick observation:

The lights help tremendously in lighting up the sides of the road/ditches. Before installing I felt there was about a 30-40 foot dark spot to the sides with the headlights and OE fog lights. That has been eliminated with the new XB fog lights.

Edited by Lgetz

Is the group buy still going on? Are they worth the price?

Yes until end of the month. Absolutely they direct the light quite well compared to OE. Wouldn't say the light output is 4-5 times better than OE but 2-3 for sure.

is there a discount code? What do I need to do?

is there a discount code? What do I need to do?

Go to the Retrofit Source website and select either the Silverado or Sierra Morimoto XB fog lights. Checkout enter all your info and it will ask if you have a promo code. Enter GMFOGGB and it will give you a price of $150 shipped to lower 48. Said 6-10 days shipping but I got them in 3 to deep South Texas.

Group deal is available from The Retrofit Source. Regular price is $200, special price $150 shipped to lower 48 states.

Promo Code: GMFOGGB

Thanks for posting the details. I forget nobody wants to mow through all the posts to find it.

Well any clue how many sets were sold? There's a vendor on some of the fb groups throwing a fit and spreading lies that our vendor is in big trouble and even goes as far as telling folks the code is invalid well he stopped the invalid part once people kept buying and proving otherwise. He finally got off my ass but had many post deleted, tried to have me kicked out. He claims he is the offical vendor and his 10% discount is all morimoto allows. It's been a fun few days. Yup few days he didn't notice all the post and sales until 2 days ago and at least 20 people from the group have claimed to buy. Supposedly retrofitsource is in big trouble lmao. I wish they could extend it a week just to stress him out. Can't wait to get my hid lights in to compliment the fogs.

Pic is nothing but fogs at dusk

385814752b93cd62d510690101deda50.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Invalid code pleaseeeeeeeee....... Some people say anything to save face and then end up with egg on it when proven wrong. TRS has a good reputation and from first hand experience great warranty service.

Light output on my Sierra spec kit had dropped considerably. Once I determined that bulbs were bad emailed them pictures of bulbs and had new ones in about 4-5 days at zero cost. A "company in trouble"

wouldn't respond to emails. Hiserman you will not be disappointed with the HID kit.

Again folks last day to take advantage of the group buy for Morimoto XB LED Silverado/Sierra fog lights. Normal price is $200, special price $150 shipped to lower 48. Go to The Retrofit Source website and select lights. Checkout enter all your information. Will ask if you have a promo code enter: GMFOGGB

Thanks again to Tim/Horacio for setting this up.??

• Like 1

Now that the group buy is over, it'll be interesting to see how many took advantage of it. I can't wait for mine to show up, though it may be a while until I can get them installed (getting ready to move). I also look forward to an installation write-up or two (although from what I've been reading in this thread they don't seem hard to do, just a bit time consuming).

Now that the group buy is over, it'll be interesting to see how many took advantage of it. I can't wait for mine to show up, though it may be a while until I can get them installed (getting ready to move). I also look forward to an installation write-up or two (although from what I've been reading in this thread they don't seem hard to do, just a bit time consuming).

If it's a gmc literally 30 mins or less to install and the light out put is amazing. Squeeze off beauty ring wiggle and pull out old lens (takes some effort) swap out adjusters remove locking tabs from truck (wiggle and push forward or used 10mm socket over rear to push out) install locking tabs on new lights plug in pop back in and light up the night!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk