Borla S Type vs Corsa Sport

I think I have it narrowed to either the Borla S Type or Corsa Sport after months of research. Can anyone elaborate on how these 2 compare in tone and loudness? I've been told the corsa is louder and the borla has a deeper smoother tone...? Both seem to be top notch quality and really going to come down to tone and loudness for me.

Not intending to disable v4. I did on my previous 2 trucks with a tuner, but dealer gave me fits. Gonna try to tolerate it this time around. I had the short Race Bullet on those 2 trucks and it was LOUD.

From what I've listened to online, either the s type nor sport catback are as loud as just a short race bullet with 3" back.

Can confirm that the AFM sounds like garbage on the Corsa system. However, when its running on 8, its a huge performance tone. Cold starts rattle the windows in the house and it sure does scream at WOT.

With that said, it's hard to tell there's even an exhaust on it when I'm cruising. And I like the look of Corsa tips compared to Borla - though to each his or her own!

Not sure if I'd say the Borla has more tone than the Corsa. They're both neck and neck in terms of build quality, sound, and performance. You won't be disappointed either way.

I narrowed down to these option as well, I went Corsa sport and I am super happy with it! 1500 miles on the set up so far, not super loud as everyone makes it out to be. Cold start is a bit obnoxious but at highway speeds its very tame and manageable.

I do have my AFM disabled via a plug-in Range unit...well worth the cost there too.

I thought about the range device, but seems alot are having issues. I definitely prefer the look of the corsa sport, but after hearing the borla may have a deeper exhaust note I'm curious.

The simplistic design of the corsa (14873) also has my attention. Dang it's tough without hearing these two side by side in person.

I thought about the range device, but seems alot are having issues. I definitely prefer the look of the corsa sport, but after hearing the borla may have a deeper exhaust note I'm curious.

The simplistic design of the corsa (14873) also has my attention. Dang it's tough without hearing these two side by side in person.

That was a big deciding factor for me...hate dual exhausts on trucks anymore.

As far as issues with my range, I have 4k miles on mine already a few codes thrown but a simple unplug and plug it back in clears up any issues I've had. I wanted to run it for awhile before ordering an exhaust to be sure I could disable AFM

What about the corsa touring?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What about the corsa touring?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've thought about it a little... Afraid it might not be much louder than stock and that might be a good thing for me. The older I get, the less sustained noise I prefer while cruising.

Corsa Touring and Borla Touring are going to be very close in tone. The Corsa Sport and Borla S-Type both are pretty tame when cruising and unleash a nice tone when your on it. I would put the Corsa Sport in-between the Borla S-Type & Borla Atak, with it being closer to the S-Type side but slightly louder overall. Both use high quality 300 stainless, both are very good on the drone side of things (they dont have drone), both are made in the USA. You cant go wrong either way.

• 8 months later...
On 3/15/2017 at 9:12 AM, Aldila said:

I think I have it narrowed to either the Borla S Type or Corsa Sport after months of research. Can anyone elaborate on how these 2 compare in tone and loudness? I've been told the corsa is louder and the borla has a deeper smoother tone...? Both seem to be top notch quality and really going to come down to tone and loudness for me.

Sorry to bring up an old post question, but what was the decision on this one?  I've got the same exact question for my 2017 5.3L Denali & can't decide on which one of these two systems to choose.  For me I think the Corsa Sport is leading right now mostly due to the design of the exhaust tips.  Really like the look of them, especially the black over the polished.   The Borla S-Type is #2 on my list and at times I think maybe the Borla should be the one to get as it's about $200 cheaper.  Decisions decisions...

Archived